Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Spark - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Spark

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

It's a mini car with 84 HPW
By deespark

2013 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a mini car with 84 hpw...I lOVE my SPARK. I don't expect to get there fast- but my brand new car get's me there. No more worrying about my old Hyundai breaking down on me.

Favorite Features

The size, the look of the car...I love that it appears to be a 2 door- the interior is simple- the interior dash color- the inside room- everyone is always surprised at how much is in there. With the back seats down I can fit all my camping gear no problem.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had more horsepower, sun visors are absolutely useless- side mirrors are too small- would much rather have keyless entry than free onstar for 6 mo- HATE that it doesnt have cloth seats!!! No cd player.

i have waited so long for this car
By chevyfan1982

2013 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first brand new car and wanted it from the beginning. I have owned it a week and the gas gauge just got to half a tank with 200 miles on it. I graduated from a pt cruiser and wanted to keep the hatchback look, this car has all the storage one would want and for those that say the a/c is crap need help, I keep the ac on the lowest setting and I freeze in FLORIDA. Everyone I meet wants to see it and is amazed at how much room is in it, but if I hear cute one more time...lol. At first I looked at a fiesta but hated how many buttons were in it. I love the interior and the functional layout (LS trim ) and it has all the tech I need although disappointed in no CD player.

Favorite Features

functional interior, fuel economy, fun ride

Suggested Improvements

road noise, CD player, noticeable down shifting when slowing down.

Great Car, Terrible A/C
By focuser1

2013 Chevrolet Spark 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. The deal breaker is the A/C.

Favorite Features

I really like the Mylink system, Sirius XM, Onstar

Suggested Improvements

The A/C, is basically useless. The temperature is constantly changing from cool to warm and back to cool, over and over. This is a wide spread problem affecting just about all Sparks. GM is aware of this problem, and has published a bulletin promising a fix, but up to this point, has not delivered. Until this is rectified, I couldn't in good faith recommend this car

This is an awesome car, But!!!!!!!
By whoknew1985

2013 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I can be really happy and satisfied with this car if General Motors fixes the A/C issues that some of them are having. The A/C works while driving, but blows warm air at idle. I do not enjoy driving this car in the city at this time. I love the styling and charm of the design of the car. It is fun to drive and handles longer trips really well, in my opinion. The colors that are available gives this car its unique place in my day to day travels. I will update this review and mark this car with higher scores once General Motors finds a resolution for the A/C problems. I have the LS model with the 5-speed transmission. It is Jalapeno Green.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the interior with plenty of head and leg room, easy to reach and understand radio controls, and the above average gas mileage that I am seeing.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the A/C system!!!!!!!!!!

Just got it three days ago and----
By nick385

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with the AC, at all. If Chevy gets the AC up to where it needs to be, I'll update all ratings to "5." As it stands, I'm in a city with 100+ temps that span three months in time. As I ran my sales calls, today, it was 95-101 outside. I kept shifting around in my seat to get the air to blow on me and it wasn't cool enough, to boot. The driver's side vent is just not good at getting the air onto the driver, even with the other three vents closed. In stop and go traffic, the compressor seems to kick out and the air is then even warmer. Not cool, literally or figuratively. Chevy has me scheduled for 7AM, tomorrow. I'll get a loaner. Lemon Law may be invoked. Stay tuned.

Favorite Features

I've compared this car's AC to my gf's 2012 Ford Escape, side by side, running the same course, minutes apart, at 101 degrees, hot start. There is no comparison: The Escape's AC, run by its 4-cylinder engine, makes a joke out of the Spark's AC: I was cold by the time I got back, in the Escape, I was sweating in the Spark. I like the Spark's overall appearance. When it's cool out, the Spark is a hoot to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The AC system must be improved. The driver's side vent is angled poorly, even when the louvers are adjusted. The compressor may not be up to the task of cooling the car down in 100+ temps. I will update after my car's AC is serviced.