2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:
The Spark Review
By sparkman34221 on 08/24/14 06:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2013 Spark in March of 2013. The main issue is the a/c. After 4 trips to the Dealership, and several component replacements, they finally replaced all the a/c components. The a/c is now working better than when I purchased the car. I was informed by the service manager that apparently some of the a/c components were manufactured with defects. So if you are having the a/c issue, and are under the factory warranty,INSIST, I repeat INSIST they replace the entire a/c system and you should be okay. If your dealer won't do it, go to another dealer. On the acceleration issue, there is a recall that just came out where they clean the throttle body and replace the PCV valve.

It cannot get out of it's own way.
By archmage69 on 08/04/14 19:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

The A/C is less effective than having the windows down. Good luck getting up any hills, this vehicle has no torque. After getting up any hills the vehicle smells like rotten eggs to pay you back for pushing it too hard, which the dealership will blame on the gas. It will rev up and accelerate without the gas being depressed. At least the keys stay in the ignition while it does this. Somtimes it will not start, maybe its an issue with the onstar. Did I mention the A/C sucks.

Great car for the money!
By hallshop on 12/01/13 16:56 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought one early, August 2012. LS Manual hatchback. Installed window rain guards, colored side moldings (factory), after market mudflaps, and a light duty trailer hitch to tow a small three rail motorcycle trailer to rides and races. Driving gently and hauling the trailer approx 7,000 miles of the 28,000 that the car had when totaled, was averaging 38.9mpg. Car was cheap to buy, cheap to operate, handled well. Hit a deer at approx 35mph. Locked seat belts, drove radiator back into the exhaust manifold, broke a headlight, kinked hood, kinked right fender. Didn't set air bags off. Some concern for safety, but had the deer contacted the bumper, wouldn't have been as bad. Looking at another one.

It's a mini car with 84 HPW
By deespark on 10/09/13 14:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a mini car with 84 hpw...I lOVE my SPARK. I don't expect to get there fast- but my brand new car get's me there. No more worrying about my old Hyundai breaking down on me.

i have waited so long for this car
By chevyfan1982 on 09/19/13 19:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first brand new car and wanted it from the beginning. I have owned it a week and the gas gauge just got to half a tank with 200 miles on it. I graduated from a pt cruiser and wanted to keep the hatchback look, this car has all the storage one would want and for those that say the a/c is crap need help, I keep the ac on the lowest setting and I freeze in FLORIDA. Everyone I meet wants to see it and is amazed at how much room is in it, but if I hear cute one more time...lol. At first I looked at a fiesta but hated how many buttons were in it. I love the interior and the functional layout (LS trim ) and it has all the tech I need although disappointed in no CD player.

Great Car, Terrible A/C
By focuser1 on 08/07/13 16:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. The deal breaker is the A/C.

This is an awesome car, But!!!!!!!
By whoknew1985 on 08/07/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I can be really happy and satisfied with this car if General Motors fixes the A/C issues that some of them are having. The A/C works while driving, but blows warm air at idle. I do not enjoy driving this car in the city at this time. I love the styling and charm of the design of the car. It is fun to drive and handles longer trips really well, in my opinion. The colors that are available gives this car its unique place in my day to day travels. I will update this review and mark this car with higher scores once General Motors finds a resolution for the A/C problems. I have the LS model with the 5-speed transmission. It is Jalapeno Green.

Just got it three days ago and----
By nick385 on 07/30/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with the AC, at all. If Chevy gets the AC up to where it needs to be, I'll update all ratings to "5." As it stands, I'm in a city with 100+ temps that span three months in time. As I ran my sales calls, today, it was 95-101 outside. I kept shifting around in my seat to get the air to blow on me and it wasn't cool enough, to boot. The driver's side vent is just not good at getting the air onto the driver, even with the other three vents closed. In stop and go traffic, the compressor seems to kick out and the air is then even warmer. Not cool, literally or figuratively. Chevy has me scheduled for 7AM, tomorrow. I'll get a loaner. Lemon Law may be invoked. Stay tuned.

Super value for an economy car
By okumaman on 06/23/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at used car and new cars in the small car segment, I pick the Spark after the test drive. The interior room in the quality of build at this price was impressive. I have 2800 miles on my Spark and am really happy with my purchase.

GOOD JOB CHEVY
By pmitchell on 05/28/13 06:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

We got this car as our 1998 Buick almost died. I saw it in the morning and my first take was TO SMALL.Came back . My son and his Fiancée had been trying the car earlier in the day and decided to get one. After seeing the bright green metallic Spark we decided to give it a try. Once you get in you have to get back out and take a look at what you just entered to make sure it was the same car. I am 6'2" Both legs could almost stretch out straight. I left the car to then try the back seat with the front seat still in my driving position. My knees did not ever come close to hitting the back of the front seat

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback in VA is:

$155 per month*