Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Great ride for the money
By Caroline Roberts

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is perfect for a commuter ride in city or suburban environment. It's not a super powerful acceleration but it gets the job done. It's a fun car to drive, handles nimbly and parks ANYWHERE! If you want or demand a luxury car you will probably not love this, but it's far more packed with extras and comfort than any other small car I've driven (lifelong Toyota owner).

the car has no spare tire
By James nesbeak

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

They want five hundred bucks for a spare kit. Got a flat? Wait 90 minutes for a tow truck.

If you have the air conditioner on and need to go up a hill you have no power

[non-permissible content removed]. Do not buy.

dont but this car, good gift for a young driver
By chris

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

very small gas tank, not a lot of room behind a tall driver, hard to drive when windy out, poor acceleration but once up to speed goes good, going up hills is tough on the car, had to have a new engine at 21000 miles on it, but very easy to drive in citiy type settings, easy to park, definetly made for city driving avoid the freeway if possible, i usually take the backroads when i can, oh yeah no trunk space and if you want to fold the back seats down you better be a short person cause if you are not you wont be able to put the seat down behind the driverseat, wish i thought about it before i bought it, stay clear of this car if possible

DO NOT BUY...GM doesn't stand behind this car
By Joyce

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

The motor goes out at 50,000 miles... engine misfires...dropped cylinders...magically the dealership mechanic cannot find anything wrong (but I know my car...) the only good thing I can say is that it gets good gas milage. The quality of the seats are terrible...this is a terrible car. Not dependable. Should have just bit the bullet and got a Cruze. But now I don't think I will ever buy another GM product as General Motors does not stand behind their product. I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road with my child. I need something reliable. I would rather fill a gas tank up every 2 to 3 days and be in a reliable vehicle than only fill up once a week and he broken down.

Puttin' Along
By LoriKM

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new with about 400 miles on engine. Mine is the base, manual, get me where I want/need to go model. No, pick up isn't very good, and it does have that nasty blind spot, BUT it IS reliable (recalls were for MINOR items on mine) and I get an OVERALL 42 mpg (I drive highway, city AND mountain areas). It handles curves like a BOSS and the instrumentation is VERY convenient. My mechanic stated that it'd be EASY to fix any engine problem as it's laid out well, and the parts won't be expensive to replace should I have need to. This was another pro. The space inside for a 5'2" to 5'8" under 200lb person will be SPACIOUS. If you're over that height and weight, it may not be AS comfortable for you as a driver.
I found it amusing that my model doesn't have power door locks, BUT has power windows, auxillary plug for mp3's and such (discovered by daughter) and lock for the trunk!
The ONLY things I'd get different on this car is add cruise control as I do a LOT of hwy driving and get the color Techno Pink as I have the Lemonade color and it's fine, just prefer the other color more.
Oh, and as for the a/c, no, it doesn't cool off THAT well in EXTREME heat, but for what I do and where I go, I can get by with it.