1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Who Needs a Mini Cooper???
By adamjsanchez on
2014 Chevrolet Spark EV 2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)
After looking around at EVs for a second car (my commuter) we settled on either the LEAF or the Spark EV. Because the Spark EV retails for $5k less than the LEAF we ended up at the Chevy dealer in town. With the Federal incentive and our trade-in we got a lease for less than we spend on gas each month for my '07 Civic we traded in. What really sold me on the Spark was how much fun it is to drive. We got rid of our FJ because of rising gas costs and got a Prius, which is economical, but 'blah' to drive. No oomph, no giddy-up. The Spark blew my mind in terms of what it can do. It flies. No transmission changes and instant torque mean this thing can go. It's the most fun vehicle we've owned.
- Instant torque = fun to drive!
- Better than advertised range (90+)
- Fits anywhere
- Great mpge (avg. 134 so far)
- Comfortable steering wheel
- SIRI eyes-free
- Instrument display is clear and informative
- Needs a faster charger (3.3 -> 6.6 kWh)
- Nav integration with BringGo is a bit clunky
- Speakers cannot handle any increase in bass
- No one-touch windows??
- No keyless entry? Still have to press key fob...
- Range estimator on map like LEAF would be helpful