Love this car!
By jsca72 on
2014 Chevrolet Spark EV 1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)
I've only had this car a week, so down the line I might sing a different tune, but I love this car! Prior to this car, my main car was a 2001 Honda Accord. I wanted to downsize to a compact and had promised myself that I would get a new car this summer. The problem was, after a testing quite a few cars, my favorite drive was always my Accord...until I drove the Spark EV. This car is so fun to drive! Where the Prius C slugged along and had no pick-up and go when needed. The Spark EV flies when I need speed. I'm easily getting more than the 82 mile charge range. Be aware that the $2500 California Rebate seems to be coming to an end and a quicker charging model will be coming out in November.
Favorite Features
Quick acceleration; many accessories that would have been add-ons in similar cars
Suggested Improvements
Drawer for coins
By jsca72
on 08/02/13 20:17 PM (PDT)

The Calif Rebate (CVRP) seems to have had more funds added to it since I posted. (I don't fully understand how this program works.) So, it looks like a Californian can get up to $10,000 back on this little car, the $2500 state rebate and up to $7500 federal tax incentive. Also, I thought I was going to have to get a 240 watt charging station ASAP, but for my lifestyle and commute, the 120 works just fine for topping off the 20 to 30 miles I usually drive in a day.