2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

LOVE IT! Would not choose twice.
By logan

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is a fun car to drive and it is very comfortable. Interior is much bigger than the exterior would lead you to believe. I love zipping in and out of traffic in it, but getting around in snow is next to impossible. It also has very little cargo room. I have never gotten the 38 MPG that the dealer said but I can live with that because she knows how to put the power down. would have been nice to have a CD player, other than that the stereo system is incredible for a dinky little "economy car" I love this car but my next choice will be something much bigger with a V8

My Cheverolet sonic
By L. Walker

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Zippy The Turbo Sonic from Anacortes WA.
By Yours Truly

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched fun to drive hatch back cars for months. I HIGHLY considered a VW Golf or GTI. I thought for sure, I had to have a stick shift to have any joy. Then I read the reviews of The Sonic which mentioned it was fun to drive. They were not kidding. It is a blast! The cheaper trim interior was not for me. I bought a used LTZ. It has heated seats, remote start, blue tooth, and of course lots of air bags. This is a little thing, but the right arm rest, I really dig. You will notice the attractive motorcycle inspired lamps and touches. I don't feel like I am sitting too low, but still fell like I am getting a driving experience with the road. I do not generally accelerate fast and average 34.1 mg on normal roads, hills, and state high way. My only gripe is the touch screen my link. Yes, I listen to loud music and it sounds good, but I need an actual volume dial not some screen to touch. I want to turn up the dial (I am over 40 might have something to do with it)! I bought a used 2015 with less than 15000 miles and saved on bundle the depreciation. So every time I see that GTI go buy, I think about the money I am saving and the fun I am not missing out on.

Power, with quirks 2015 LTZ Hatch
By Llia Olsen

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car for the interior. The hatchback offered the space I wanted for cargo and the dash was nicely arranged and constructed. The car seats are comfortable and heated and cup holders are a fast food junkies dream. The car lacks in handling, it's tight but in a stiff new car suspension way, not in it's ability to corner. What I could safely coax out of say the Chevy Cobalt, I would be worried to perform in the Sonic LTZ. The LTZ has larger rims but narrower sidewall so you really feel the road. The auto really hurts off the line coupled with the turbo lag but it builds quick enough. Running on octane lower that 92/93 does make a difference. I feel deeply cheapened by the fact there are no temperature gauges for the oil/water as those would be crucial in getting a heads up on potential engine damage. For now I use a "Torque Pro" app reading from an OBD interface to keep an eye on coolant temps. The smell of coolant comes from the vents when you open the flow through the heater core. This on a 14000 mile car has me poised for an early repair.

NO REGRETS
By Mark Wyss

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Never thought I'd own a Chevy. I bough a 2015 Sonic after buying a 2013 Buick Encore. I was so impressed by the Encore (never thought I'd own a GM product) that I got the Sonic as a second car because its the same engine and drivetrain. It's a small car, got the RS version with 6-speed manual tranny. Fun to drive! It's a "sporty" car that is meant to hug the road and it does, so the downside to that is you feel every pothole and bump. But you have to expect that with a sport suspension and a car that is low to the ground. I'm 6'1" and I have no difficulty getting in and out or finding a comfortable driving position. Love the heated leather seats and moonroof. Instrumentation is laid out perfectly, and the My Link info-tainment system is great. Have had the car for a year and had no issues. Mostly used as a city car and get overall combine city mileage of 29 mpg. The RS is a fun trim model and I enjoy it, even if I'm not the intended buyer (I'm 55 years old). On a good stretch of road the car is quiet and smooth and hearing while using Bluetooth for your cell phone is never an issue. Very nice build quality. If you're looking for a fun, sporty hatchback, I recommend the Sonic. And despite Edmund's thinking there isn't much room, with the back seats folded down, you'd be surprised who much cargo you can carry!