Amazing value for the price paid
By kayemtee on
2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I've only had the car for a few days so my enthusiasm may be subject to change. We just took delivery of a LTZ sedan with the 1.4 turbo and a six-speed manual transmission. I'm very impressed. Quite peppy in city driving. We just took a highway ride and ran at speeds up to 80 mph and averaged 39 mpg. Amazing! Very solid ride and quiet with little wind noise. Amazing amount of legroom and headroom for driver and front seat passenger. I'm six-two and had to move the seat up and had tons of headroom. I liked the look of the hatchback better but lower price and huge trunk made me pick ther sedan. We paid less than 18K; I can't think of any car out there to offer this value.
Favorite Features
Very smooth manual shifter and clutch. Amazing gas mileage with decent acceleration around town. Gear ratios in the sedan six-speed manual lean torward economy (the hatchback six-speed manual is a different trasnsmission with different ratios.) We are downsizing from a Ford Expedition going back at the end of a lease and don't feel as though we are giving up that much even though the car costs one-third the price of the Expedition. My wife insisted that any new car have heated seats and a rear camera; this car has them. Front seat legroom and headroom both impressive. Solid, quite ride fro a small, cheap car.
Suggested Improvements
I would be willing to pay more if they offered really deluxe features that I have gotten used to: lighted vanity mirrors, automatic climate control, self dimming rear view mirror, garage door opener, power seats with memory. The lane departure warning is useful but why not a warning when a car is in your blind spot? I would like the rear camera to also have an audible warning. The front warning system shoud work at all speeds and ideally would apply the brakes if necesssry. I would be willing to pay more for rear disc brakes. Just because a car is small doesn't mean it can't be fully equipped. That said, this car has an impressive number of features for the price.