2014 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:
Limited Drive Time But Very Impressed
By ihanson on 09/04/14 07:51 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a '14 LT Turbo Hatch 6-spd manual (option not shown) 7" MyLink, fog lights, upgraded rims and rearview camera with the upgraded red crystal color for $16.4k before taxes. While waiting for that vehicle to be delivered, I have been driving an LT sedan with the 1.8 auto and have still been impressed. I'm getting 40.4MPG according to the computer on my 46 mile round trip commute in warm temps. I even got to test out the airbags when a woman made an illegal turn in front of me and I hit her going 35 mph. Car performed great in the crash and the headlights were still even intact. I think it's going to be a safe car - very strong steel frame. I'm glad it was just a loaner!

The Chevrolet Sonic is the best in class subcompact family hauler
By jwfink on 09/24/13 18:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Like compact cars, subcompact cars seem to have grown in size over the last 30 years. Luckily, driving one is no longer like driving a penalty box. Also, there’s plenty of choice: WRT the Honda Fit/Chevrolet Sonic it is similar to comparing an Accord and Camry. Both vehicles are winners. The Sonic is slightly smoother, roomier, more comfortable. The Fit is slightly more efficient, sprightly, and versatile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback in VA is:

$177 per month*