2014 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:
Amazing value for the price paid
By kayemtee on 04/06/14 18:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for a few days so my enthusiasm may be subject to change. We just took delivery of a LTZ sedan with the 1.4 turbo and a six-speed manual transmission. I'm very impressed. Quite peppy in city driving. We just took a highway ride and ran at speeds up to 80 mph and averaged 39 mpg. Amazing! Very solid ride and quiet with little wind noise. Amazing amount of legroom and headroom for driver and front seat passenger. I'm six-two and had to move the seat up and had tons of headroom. I liked the look of the hatchback better but lower price and huge trunk made me pick ther sedan. We paid less than 18K; I can't think of any car out there to offer this value.

subcompact assembled in USA
By billmo on 02/22/14 08:15 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have one whale of buyers remorse. Seems it wont go away. Maybe Sonic needs to go. Transmission works when it wants to, fails to downshift into lower gear when its needed. The automobile has the worse value for a car with 12 thousand miles on it and new Michelin Pilot tires The roof has been painted, suspension parts have been replaced. Car runs ruff in neautral as well in drive idling, have rectified some of ruff idle I use 93 octane seems to help somewhat also synthetic oil has helped to. Gas mileage is just a couple of MPG than my 2000 Nissan Truck, and the truck you couldn't tell it was running. The Sonic idles like the 4 cylinders of 20 years ago. GM should be shot. Selling such junk

Great first car for our college graduate.
By culpykat on 01/22/14 06:33 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

We were very fortunate to have over $4000 in GM card points that were allowed to be transferred to an immediate family member, so a Chevy or GM product was a definite choice. We looked at several models and the Sonic Sedan was the best choice based on price, safety, features and overall performance. She was able to get a lot of the bells and whistles and still keep the car within her price range.

2014 chevy sonic LS auto
By steven39 on 12/01/13 09:51 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

For about the last amost 2 years I was driving a 2013 Hyundai elantra gls that I purchased in the summer of 2012.Recently my car was totaled in a accident and the insurance company didn't give me as much for the car as I had hoped so I searched for another car that would be cheap enough for me to purchase with the insurance funds without me having to put in to much of my own money which brought me to this 2014 chevy sonic.this base model sonic blows away my former elantra which was fully loaded.sonic is much better built,quieter,handles better,and is just simply a better built car and surprisingly has more interior room than elantra.All this for under 16 grand.excelent value...

The Chevrolet Sonic is the best in class subcompact family hauler
By jwfink on 09/24/13 18:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Like compact cars, subcompact cars seem to have grown in size over the last 30 years. Luckily, driving one is no longer like driving a penalty box. Also, there’s plenty of choice: WRT the Honda Fit/Chevrolet Sonic it is similar to comparing an Accord and Camry. Both vehicles are winners. The Sonic is slightly smoother, roomier, more comfortable. The Fit is slightly more efficient, sprightly, and versatile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic in VA is:

$164 per month*