RS Manual - fun drive, great value! Built in U.S.A!
By jlearn on
2013 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
As a college student and an avid auto industry enthusiast, It was time for me to sell my old beast of an SUV and purchase my first NEW car. I was sorting through competitors such as the Mini Cooper S, Volkswagen GTI, Volkswagen Beetle, Fiat 500C, Hyundai Veloster Turbo. After adding up all the features I wanted in my next car purchase, and compared the competition, the answer was clear! For what I would be spending on a GTI or Mini I got a whole lot cheaper with the Sonic RS. Granted those vehicles are better performing, yes, but I'm a college guy on a limited budget, that wanted character, performance, and value! I love my Sonic RS. The 6-speed is a blast and sharp corners are my favorite!
Favorite Features
-Built in U.S.A -6 speed manual, especially on back roads. -Chevrolet's MyLink w/ smartphone connections -The leatherette and suede seat. -Sharp features that distinguish the RS from the more diminutive LS, LT, LTZ. -RS trimmings throughout cabin -Turbocharged engine -Unique fog-lights -Exhaust tip -iPhone - Siri can be used with steering wheel phone button to find restaurants, read directions, and send text messages. -Regular Unleaded with the Turbo engine! (unlike competition) -Sexy wheels -Thick & Flat bottom steering wheel -Warranty -Phenomenal dealer experience!
Suggested Improvements
Living in Northeast PA, weather is never on your side. I wish the RS and possibly LTZ models could come with an AWD option. Low profile tires are not suitable for NEPA snowstorms. The interior is sharp and extremely functional, but lacks character as seen in the VW bug and Mini cooper. For being a "top trim level" lots of hard plastics in the cabin. Would be nice to have a leather/suede dash to match the seats with red stitching. I hate how the Bluetooth connection is delayed after the car is started and also does not notify you when a text message is received, and also mutes notifications for texts. (I know it's a safety feature, it's just annoying.) More customization is needed.
By johansenrj
on 10/10/13 18:08 PM (PDT)

The seats are leather, not leatherette...the leatherette is in the LTZ