2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Review: Sonic Hatch LT with 1.4L

2013 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Review

RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Sonic Hatch LT with 1.4L
By jaar819 on

2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought the overall design of both the interior and exterior of the Sonic was very tastefully done. I liked it better than other cars in its class but this is obviously a matter of taste. The 1.4L turbo engine is smooth and fun, 6 speaker sound system which seemed better to me than other cars in class, MyLink system, body of car seemed extremely stiff, much better than Mini Clubman, the last car i owned. I know this because my driveway has a bump which puts torsional stress on the car. the mini creaked. the sonic does not. very smooth ride on highway. very low rpm of engine at highway speeds. very quiet car for subcompact. the suspension system makes car feel more like a luxury car.

Favorite Features

- overall design of both the interior and exterior, the 1.4L turbo engine, 6 speaker sound system, MyLink, rigid body, very smooth ride on highway, low rpm of engine at highway speeds, very quiet car for subcompact. the suspension system makes car feel more like a luxury car.

Suggested Improvements

After 2 months of owning the car I have no complaints. you can tell that the overall design of the sonic was thought through very well. I find it ironic that GM and Ford have become the more innovative, interesting companies while Honda and Toyota the more conservative and main-stay. It terms of future improvements, my main suggestion would be to continue to improve engine technology. I was close to buying the Mazada 3 because of the innovative engine, but preferred the Sonic over-all.