Leaking water into interior
By chowjones on
2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I have mixed feelings writing this review. Overall, I really like my 2013 Sonic LT hatchback. The interior is very roomy for a car in this class and I like the design. However, my car has developed a water leak on the passenger side. As of 10/27/13, my car has been at the dealer trying to correct the problem for two of the past three weeks. Postings on a Sonic forum have confirmed that this is happening to many people. There is a serious design flaw with this model. Equipped with the 1.4L turbo and no water leaks, this car would be nothing short of excellent.
Favorite Features
interior space, interior design, good gas mileage with 1.8L
Suggested Improvements
Fix the design flaw that is causing the leaking on the passenger side. I've been driving Chevys for 13 years and have never had this problem. The Sonic is a little underpowered with the 1.8L. It's not horrible, but I think the 1.4L is better. Interior is great! Don't change a thing.
By ttmich
on 11/28/13 05:34 AM (PST)

"The Sonic is a little underpowered with the 1.8L. It's not horrible, but I think the 1.4L is better." This statement does not make any sense! Small engine 1.4 L will have more power than the 1.8L? What kind of suggestion is it?

By ajac03
on 07/29/14 09:31 AM (PDT)

@ttmich, that's because it's a 1.4L turbo