2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Review: Just got 2013 Sonic LTZ Hatchb

2013 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Review

Just got 2013 Sonic LTZ Hatchback Turbo Automatic
By key1cc on

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I only had it for one day but if yesterday is any indication, life just got waaaayyyy better. I went across state to by it to get the exact features I wanted so I had a nice 55 minute ride home to test her out. Driving at 67mph I hit the mpg reset key and it showed 40-42 mpg!! For me that is nice but the reason I purchased this car was not for the mpg or even for the looks because I like the look of the Kia Rio SX a little better. The reason I went with the sonic was that big fat grin that comes on my face when I get behind the wheel and press the gas pedal. This is the first turbo I have ever owned and boy is it fun to drive. I even woke up in the night just to take her out for a spin!

I was so happy and suprised to see that the instrument panel has a built in compass. I have not tested any of the other features beyond the turbo engine. The ride is awesome and makes this 50+ year old feel 1/2 his age. I will be checking out all the features today.

I know it is a low cost vehicle but hatchbacks now attract high end buyers. I could have bought a bmw but this car appeals to me more with its small size, lowish cost ($20K), practical nature, and excellent driving dynamics (fun to drive yet comfortable). I would like to have at least had the option of real leather and a navagation system (which i beleive an app may be coming.)