Used 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

If you want a horrible car, he is the one!!!!
By Alexis

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 1 yr ago with 29,000 miles on it, and have had nothing but issues! I have been to dealer literally 18 times! Constant shaking and rough idle that they say is "normal". They have replaced an A/C hose of some kind, water pump, thermostat, camshaft position sensor, head gasket, and 2 motor mounts, stitching on rear seat and that's just what i can think of off the top of my head. It doesn't have a good throttle at all, but once you get going its fine. Really loud engine for such a small car, and gas mileage is crap! Cheap car in price, cheap car in quality. I guess you get what you pay for, but don't waste your money. Once the warranty is out your out of luck!!!!!

Worst car we have ever bought!!#!#
By S Warman

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's constantly in shop. Once warranty runs out your doomed. I can't even make car payments cause I'm constantly making very costly repairs.
Don't do it..

toomanyleaks
By Chris

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car new with 3843 miles on it. I left the dealership only to discover that there was no heat. Returned to dealership and found coolant low. It then took 8 times in shop and from Nov 14 2014 till Jan 12 2015 to find a factory defect. And now it leaking again with the dealership having no idea where. Make sure you have the Sonic checked before buying.

Am I missing somethinh
By Unhappy

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

OK so I filled up my tank and it was fine within 4 days.just last night I got it to half a tank went to the store and post office all within 10 miles and 2 bars were gone. I am NOT pleased with the gas milage.

little problems
By aw336

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my sonic for almost a year. Ive had to have the radio replaced twice. People can barely hear me through the Bluetooth system (I have a Galaxy Note 3). The car idles weird now and theres a rubbing sound in the back end. This car feels very unstable on the highway and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. I went on vacation and someone smashed my passenger window open and the alarm DID NOT go off and GM says it will only go off if the door is opened. So far nothing major has went wrong and I'm hoping it stays this way. I will be trading out as soon as I can. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Decent gas mileage. Peppy engine with manual transmission.

Improve alarm system. Fix radio and Bluetooth issues.