Used 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

toomanyleaks
By Chris

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car new with 3843 miles on it. I left the dealership only to discover that there was no heat. Returned to dealership and found coolant low. It then took 8 times in shop and from Nov 14 2014 till Jan 12 2015 to find a factory defect. And now it leaking again with the dealership having no idea where. Make sure you have the Sonic checked before buying.

Am I missing somethinh
By Unhappy

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

OK so I filled up my tank and it was fine within 4 days.just last night I got it to half a tank went to the store and post office all within 10 miles and 2 bars were gone. I am NOT pleased with the gas milage.

little problems
By aw336

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my sonic for almost a year. Ive had to have the radio replaced twice. People can barely hear me through the Bluetooth system (I have a Galaxy Note 3). The car idles weird now and theres a rubbing sound in the back end. This car feels very unstable on the highway and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. I went on vacation and someone smashed my passenger window open and the alarm DID NOT go off and GM says it will only go off if the door is opened. So far nothing major has went wrong and I'm hoping it stays this way. I will be trading out as soon as I can. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Decent gas mileage. Peppy engine with manual transmission.

Improve alarm system. Fix radio and Bluetooth issues.

Leaking water into interior
By chowjones

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have mixed feelings writing this review. Overall, I really like my 2013 Sonic LT hatchback. The interior is very roomy for a car in this class and I like the design. However, my car has developed a water leak on the passenger side. As of 10/27/13, my car has been at the dealer trying to correct the problem for two of the past three weeks. Postings on a Sonic forum have confirmed that this is happening to many people. There is a serious design flaw with this model. Equipped with the 1.4L turbo and no water leaks, this car would be nothing short of excellent.

interior space, interior design, good gas mileage with 1.8L

Fix the design flaw that is causing the leaking on the passenger side. I've been driving Chevys for 13 years and have never had this problem. The Sonic is a little underpowered with the 1.8L. It's not horrible, but I think the 1.4L is better. Interior is great! Don't change a thing.

Just bought an LT manual
By gino985

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since it's so late in the year, I could only find a couple near me, and ended up with Crystal Red tintcoat, not my first choice, but I actually really like it. Shifting is incredibly easy, like butter, and the engine really does have some pep. Its also true that the car feels much bigger, it's hard to feel the speed, I've been afraid I will get a ticket because I've been speeding everywhere! Mileage is right on as reported, the first tank was exactly 30 mpg, mixed city and highway, and included a lot of idling at the dealership, so I'm hoping that number will go up. With all the great cash back offers right now, I highly recommend this car, great value for the cost.

The powerful engine, the amazingly easy shifting, the fuel economy, and all of the gadgets--LOVE the average mpg monitor, and the automatic headlights and the lighted entry.

• SUV