Used 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

little problems
By aw336

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my sonic for almost a year. Ive had to have the radio replaced twice. People can barely hear me through the Bluetooth system (I have a Galaxy Note 3). The car idles weird now and theres a rubbing sound in the back end. This car feels very unstable on the highway and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. I went on vacation and someone smashed my passenger window open and the alarm DID NOT go off and GM says it will only go off if the door is opened. So far nothing major has went wrong and I'm hoping it stays this way. I will be trading out as soon as I can. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Decent gas mileage. Peppy engine with manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Improve alarm system. Fix radio and Bluetooth issues.

Leaking water into interior
By chowjones

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have mixed feelings writing this review. Overall, I really like my 2013 Sonic LT hatchback. The interior is very roomy for a car in this class and I like the design. However, my car has developed a water leak on the passenger side. As of 10/27/13, my car has been at the dealer trying to correct the problem for two of the past three weeks. Postings on a Sonic forum have confirmed that this is happening to many people. There is a serious design flaw with this model. Equipped with the 1.4L turbo and no water leaks, this car would be nothing short of excellent.

Favorite Features

interior space, interior design, good gas mileage with 1.8L

Suggested Improvements

Fix the design flaw that is causing the leaking on the passenger side. I've been driving Chevys for 13 years and have never had this problem. The Sonic is a little underpowered with the 1.8L. It's not horrible, but I think the 1.4L is better. Interior is great! Don't change a thing.

Just bought an LT manual
By gino985

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since it's so late in the year, I could only find a couple near me, and ended up with Crystal Red tintcoat, not my first choice, but I actually really like it. Shifting is incredibly easy, like butter, and the engine really does have some pep. Its also true that the car feels much bigger, it's hard to feel the speed, I've been afraid I will get a ticket because I've been speeding everywhere! Mileage is right on as reported, the first tank was exactly 30 mpg, mixed city and highway, and included a lot of idling at the dealership, so I'm hoping that number will go up. With all the great cash back offers right now, I highly recommend this car, great value for the cost.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine, the amazingly easy shifting, the fuel economy, and all of the gadgets--LOVE the average mpg monitor, and the automatic headlights and the lighted entry.

2013 Sonic LT 1.4 Turbo
By n1rvna29

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

After deciding to keep my money local and also buy American.I decided on the Chevy Sonic after reading reviews and seeing TV commercials for the car advertising 40 mpg.Boy was this the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.The car has no take off power the transmission clunks and bangs into gear the radio comes on when ever it feels like it and when the brakes are applied the car shakes so bad you have to pull over to stop it from shaking. And that's the short list.The 40 mpg is BS mine struggles to get 32.No wonder GM had to take a bailout they couldn't build a decent car and they lie to the general public about MPG.Keep up the good work Japan you have no worries here.

Favorite Features

None, this car is junk from the day you drive it off the lot and it is one the Insurance Institutes worse small cars for crash tests.

Suggested Improvements

Buy a foreign car.

I LOVE MY CAR!
By becktilda

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Words cannot adequately express how much I love my car! I had been driving the same vehicle for over 14 years. And I decided that enough was enough. It was time to get something different. And it was the best decision that I have made in a very long time!

Favorite Features

I love the lines of the exterior and the motorcycle-inspired headlights. The interior is comfortable. The dash and all controls are easy to use, catering to both tech savvy individuals and those who prefer to keep it simple. The engine is quiet while also providing a smooth, powerful ride. I love the My Link infotainment system with Sirius/XM radio. I also like that OnStar is a standard feature, providing assistance with both safety and with directions. I also like that I can download the My Chevy app on my smartphone, providing service reminders, offers for maintenance specials, and help remembering where I parked my car in busy locations!