2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:
Sonic Hatch LT with 1.4L
By jaar819 on 12/25/13 04:58 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought the overall design of both the interior and exterior of the Sonic was very tastefully done. I liked it better than other cars in its class but this is obviously a matter of taste. The 1.4L turbo engine is smooth and fun, 6 speaker sound system which seemed better to me than other cars in class, MyLink system, body of car seemed extremely stiff, much better than Mini Clubman, the last car i owned. I know this because my driveway has a bump which puts torsional stress on the car. the mini creaked. the sonic does not. very smooth ride on highway. very low rpm of engine at highway speeds. very quiet car for subcompact. the suspension system makes car feel more like a luxury car.

2013 Chevy Sonic RS review
By viperaider on 09/09/13 11:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent several months looking into my next gas saver. Keep in mind; GAS SAVER. This car won me over with features versus SAVING money. I settled with a brand new RS out the door for $18,900 after negotiating.

Fun little car but not good in snow
By vernmuffin on 07/17/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been researching the Sonic extensively since its release and, after hearing my husband complain a lot about the lack of fuel economy of his Silverado 1500 pick-up (and receiving a $1000 private offer from Chevy) we decided to buy a 2013 RS this past February. We were planning to use the car for business travels that didn't require the truck, and short, run-about trips that didn't require a ton of cargo room or space for our 3 dogs. We thought by purchasing this vehicle, we could save mileage on our aging mini-van, as well as my husband's work truck (Silverado).

RS Manual - fun drive, great value! Built in U.S.A!
By jlearn on 02/03/13 12:17 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As a college student and an avid auto industry enthusiast, It was time for me to sell my old beast of an SUV and purchase my first NEW car. I was sorting through competitors such as the Mini Cooper S, Volkswagen GTI, Volkswagen Beetle, Fiat 500C, Hyundai Veloster Turbo. After adding up all the features I wanted in my next car purchase, and compared the competition, the answer was clear! For what I would be spending on a GTI or Mini I got a whole lot cheaper with the Sonic RS. Granted those vehicles are better performing, yes, but I'm a college guy on a limited budget, that wanted character, performance, and value! I love my Sonic RS. The 6-speed is a blast and sharp corners are my favorite!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback in VA is:

$159 per month*