Plastic Toy Car!! DON'T BUY!!!
By carman_ on
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Do not buy this car, I repeat do not buy this car!! This car is hunk of junk. The out side design and interior are unique and appealing, but don't let that suck you in. You feel every single bump no matter what, and the suspension is horrible. This Car Has Terrible heat, absolutely terrible. If you live in Canada like myself, stay clear. The gas mileage is good as it's 90% hwy driven. The gears shifting are very noticeable, and acceleration is very slow (1.8 L). The sound system is terrible and most LS, and LT's don't even come with rear speakers. Besides the appealing look it, its horrible to drive, It's like driving a plastic toy car! Not worth the $, buy a cobalt, anything, but not this!!
Favorite Features
The design of the car is very smart looking, and the gas mileage is pretty decent. Plus the trunk is large (sedan).
Suggested Improvements
The car needs a better heating system. I commute 30 minutes on the hwy into the city, and another back. I don't get any heat what so ever, it's more like semi cool air being blown (I've asked a friend if their heating in their sonic is the same and it is). The pillars along the wind shield need to be redesigned as they are major blind spots. The suspension needs to be improved because you feel every single bump, no matter how small. If the bump is a little larger you hear a loud thump as the rear tires drive over the bump. There is no leg room for passengers what so ever, no matter the age. The sun visors are useless, as they get in the way of your sight or they are too short!
By theway2004
on 06/26/14 18:14 PM (PDT)

We must be driving very different cars then! I get a great ride out of mine (for the prices I didn't expect Lexus quality, but it exceeded expectations and I came from a Lumina to a Sonic). I did spend a little extra on the perks for the sound that were offered at the time so I wasn't disappointed with that as I knew going in what I was getting, I get excellent excelleration, but I don't jam my foot down everytime the light turns red and speed, but in the times I've had to hit it to get across oncoming traffic or pull out I get up to speed very quickly with no trouble at all. I love the choice I have with the shift too, I have automatic, but I get the manual shift option which in the snow is a great option, and the heat isn't instant, but I don't freeze and after 10 minutes of driving I'm shutting it off or turning it down from being hot. My one complaint is the air conditioner or even just the vents on to keep cool at night will cause condensation on the outside of the windshield that grow and grows the whole time. But in 2 years the car and I have been through a lot, I was rear ended by a Ford Edge, that was giong full speed, didn't hit their brakes while I was stopped at a red light, their car was totaled, I had a scratch on the bumper and wasn't even sore the next day or at all. 2 weeks later at another red light I was side swiped by a Tahoe swerving to not rear end the car in front of them, and I didn't even get the paint scratched and he lost a headlight. The most damage was caused by a deer that did I clipped (had it not moved I had missed it but it jumped as I was almost at a stop and landed just on the other side of the car opposite where he had been and I hit his back side), and that cost less than $200 at the repair shop to fix. So over all I'm happy, and very impressed that this little "plastic toy car" as you call it stood up to that punishment and walked away better than the big "man toys" that it went up against.

By theway2004
on 06/26/14 18:22 PM (PDT)

And I do constant city driving and I actually get better gas mileage than promoted- I average 34-36 MPG, and that isn't just using the onboard system, I track it myself every fill up and out perform the 25-29 the car promised.