Great little car for the money
By stoopid3 on
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Went from a 2007 Civic to the Sonic. Got a good deal on a 2LT ($16,500). Now at 5k miles on the Sonic. Handling is solid, though I've ordered some new tires to get rid of that squishy ride that I attribute to the stock (soft) tires. Gas mileage is on par with the civic (~30 MPG mixed). If I had a lighter foot on the highway I'm sure I'd get the rated 35MPG and then some. Features set can't be beat in the price category. Only the Kia Rio (?) comes close. What Edmunds fails to stress is that dollar for dollar you get much more with the Sonic than any competing vehicle. No brainer.
Favorite Features
Stereo with bluetooth, sounds decent if you tweak the EQ settings, easy to sync with iphone Seating position (higher than most sub compacts) Trunk is huge for a sedan
Suggested Improvements
Right arm rest for driver is uncomfortable, mounted too high CVT!!! Transmission shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear too quickly and causes the car to bog down. A CVT with the 1.8L engine would rule (hence - the Chevy Cruze!!)
By stoopid3
on 10/15/12 11:55 AM (PDT)

I have the 1.8L and I'm pretty sure that's what I selected when I posted this review.