Solid Dependable Economy Car-Love it!
By chevysonicfan on
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I knew that purchasing The 2012 Chevy Sonic was a bit of a gamble as it was the first model year replacing the Aveo that only survived a two year run,and there weren't any consumer reports. My two prior cars were the Monte Carlo and the Impala; I was tired of getting fleeced at the gas pump with the 6 bangers though. In March I drove all the way from NH to FL and it was a comfortable ride. The car handles very well and has great fuel economy on the highway. It only costs me about $32 to fill up the tank, and I almost made it to PA on a single tank of gas! In retrospect I am happy I took the gamble with My Sonic LT! It is my 9th car and my 6th Chevy; I have never had a problem with a Chevy
Favorite Features
One of the things that first struck me about the Sonic(sedan, I don't care for the look of the hatchback) was the exterior design. It has a very neat, sharp appearance. The front headlamps and rear tail lights give it the appearance of a larger, more powerful vehicle. The interior control panel,air vents & glove box are unique. The Sonic has four cup holders in the front ; two between the front seats and one in each passenger door. In addition to the glove box, there are storage trays, credit card slots, and a mini glove box with a USB Charger. It has good pick up for a four banger, and compared to other 4 cylinders I've owned, there is hardly any road noise. The OnStar system is a God send!
Suggested Improvements
The only critical feedback I have for the 2012 Chevy Sonic is that it came with terrible stock tires. I have lived in New England my entire adult life and I have owned two 6 cylinders, and seven four cylinders. Last winter was the first time I had to buy snow tires to make it up the tiny hill to my home. This issue is clearly not the power of the car; it appears to be more a combination of the traction control and cheapo tires. After slapping four studded snow tires on it, the car could climb a wall. I have owned the car for about a year now and have already put 19, 000 miles on it; I haven't had a single problem other than the tires yet. I give it two thumbs up!!!