Used 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

Critics Overlook this Valuable Car
By sonicdriver

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car purchase after college. I've grown up driving Hyundai, Mercury, Ford, etc, but never a Chevrolet. The dealer and service support is fantastic, and this car is worth every penny. After 50k miles, I've only needed one minor repair on the fuel valve, and the warranty covered everything. This car has some road noise, but that's what happens when you're in a small, fast car low to the ground on the highway. Yes, gas and brakes are sensitive in the best way possible - I've lived in Dallas for four years and have never gotten in an accident, thanks to the amazing brake response. Acceleration is super easy - I've caught myself speeding a few times without meaning to. The car handles well and the alignment is still perfect four years after purchasing. The A/C is super efficient and the sound system is decent enough. There is major storage space. The only drawback is that the car IS little, so not perfect for roadtrips of 4 or more people, considering rear seat space. The size of the car makes up for it since there's no parking space too small for this car, but it totally doesn't feel like a small car from the driver or front passenger seat. Perfect for families of three or less. My average MPG in the DFW area is around 32, but gets up to 45 on long road trips. Definitely would buy again.

Great car, handles very well
By Marie Houk Houk

Should have bought a Ford
By Diane Shafer

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First thing I noticed was the headrests were too high to see over. I was told I would get about 30+ mpg. I get maybe 24, pushing it, and I drive mostly highway. There was a recall on the transmission and I had it repaired in 2014. In 2015, the transmission went out, and so did the brakes. The wiper blades are custom, and cost anywhere from $35 on up. Very disappointing and if I didn't want to get this thing paid off and not deal with a payment again, I would have gotten rid of it.

Great Buy!
By themrchen

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car for my daughter, I was enjoying my new camaro and noticed what a sharp looking vehicle this was, she needed a new car and we got a good deal, about 14k. car gets over 35 mpg highway and 30 mpg in town mixed communting, never misses a beat.
handling was funny when new, car came with 46 pounds of air in tires, tail would wag on hwy, reduced pressure and broke tires in and handling is perfect.
what more could you ask from this 14k$ car?
its fantastic

styling, motorcycle style headlights powerful but efficient 1.8 litre engine

cd player standard on LS, seats kinda sqeeky sometimes