Used 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LS Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Sonic

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

2012 Sonic LT
By D. Meeks

2012 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it. Love it!

2012 Chevy Sonic Hatchback
By katiec3

2012 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought this car used a few days ago, and so far I really enjoy it. My last car was a Jeep Wrangler, and while nothing compares to that, I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this car. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, the inside is surprisingly roomy and with the folding seats and extra space from the hatchback, I'm excited to see what I can fit back there. I commute to two different jobs and to school 6 days a week, so having a fuel efficient and more reliable car was becoming a must have. I wanted something with a similar amount of room as my Jeep and in the hatchback style. I will be sure to post if my opinion changes, but so far I am very happy!

I love the hatchback for the extra room, it is quick to accelerate (at least to me coming from a slug of a jeep), and the seats are comfortable. The sound system is nice and clear and the AUX port is convenient. It is a lot bigger than it looks, but it is still comfortable and easy to drive. Out of all the cars in it's class, I liked this body style the most although the Accent was a close second. It looks and feels super sporty which makes the price I paid even better. I can't wait to take it camping and see how it does on the hilly roads and highways!

There are a few things that I don't particularly care for, but they were certainly not deal breakers. First is the super awkward arm rest on the drivers seat. Maybe its because I'm 5'2", but it gets in the way. Thankfully it folds up so I just leave it that way or hang my purse on it. Second, like a lot of people said, the cup holders are kind of awkwardly placed between the seats. I laughed when I first read about it but now that I see, I understand. No big deal though. Last, I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this but the brakes seem a little soft. They seem to get softer and depress further as the car downshifts when coming to a stop. I've gotten used to it, but Its weird at first.