Used 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Sonic

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

Awesome little car!
By sooogud

2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's an awesome small car that doesn't drive like a small car. I've had it for over 7 months and 10,000 miles and it's been a great experience. The 6-speed manual turbo is a must for this car, though. I test drove the 5-speed auto 1.8L and it doesn't cut it for highway driving. The turbo engine is pretty responsive makes on-ramps and passing a blast. MPG is pretty decent at about 3640mpg on average, and that's not taking it easy on the accelerator. In cold weather (i.e., 32F or lower), however, mpg drops to about 3034mpg. Great little car, definite recommendation from my experience.

Favorite Features

The Turbo engine and the digital display cluster are likely my most favorite. Honorable mentions go to the smooth ride quality, heated seats, and bluetooth features.

Suggested Improvements

The sun visors are essentially useless for anything but direct sunlight since they dont swivel to the side well. I wish there was another USB port in the car, one doesn't cut it with extra passengers. I wish there was some more customization options for the display cluster. It would also be nice to see tire pressure easily. Any hang-ups I have with this car are minor.

1 LZ turbo Love it
By i8ahonda

2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely love my sonic ordered the car march 7 showed up at the dealer april 20 and i couldn't be happier. Due to the low price i bought one loaded love the performance hankooks and the size of the trunk, also doesnt look like everything else available and this is one of the most gorgeous blues ever sprayed on a car. over 6000 miles in three months and going strong. consistently average 34-38 mpg and the car handles better the faster you go.

Favorite Features

Gauge cluster ,space, seat comfort, power, value, safety