Very Happy with my Truck
By mike on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)
This is the first non big block gas truck that will actually tow and haul large loads without having a gear too high and a gear too low to tow with. The 6 speed with 4:10 gears works great and doesn't hunt. I can haul my slide in camper with a towed or hook on to the 30ft enclosed 6 place sled trailer and head to the mountains 1200 miles away. It handles remarkably well for its hulk size and the ride quality is excellent. I get 12-13 in the city and 14-16 on the highway which I can't complain. I had a 1500 5.3 which did great but I couldn't do anything with it. I have had absolutely no issues with this truck and love it.
Favorite Features
The whole truck is a total package. I ordered it with everything heavy duty. Dual batteries, camper mirrors and had to throw is the sunroof and power slider. I opted out for the DVD system as I can't watch it while I'm driving and deleted the cd changer as I just don't use them.
Suggested Improvements
Heater controls were a step backward to operate but they do everything for you. I just have to learn to keep playing with it. The heated wiper fluid is sweet on those frosty days as well as the remote start being standard.