Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:

2006 Chevy 3500 Flatbed duramax diesel
By charles2440

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy my Chevy 3500 diesel it has a 12ft dump bed, Has plenty of power, and accelerates like a gas engine, Will run as fast as you want, I get 12mpg in city and 16mpg on hwy@ 70mph

6 speed auto, climate control, Heavy duty frame, and body, Tow package. High speed rearend

Needs better brakes. LeftTurning signal blows if you use it to long. I guss there is a recall on this.

Very nice truck
By Jon

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I know this is a late review, but I bought this truck used with a 100,000 miles on it and you could not tell by looking at it inside and out. I bought the 3500 because of the price, right time right price I use it to tow my travel trailer (my 1500 had tough time) Boy I'll tell you it's like night and day this 3500 has no problem climbing hills and very comfortable to drive like driving your Lazy Boy chair around.

# 1 the Duramax diesel is quit and has more than enough power,you have a lot room behind the wheel for a 6'3" person like me.

Rear seating needs to be moved back a little bit, the new body style is better then the old style more update inside and out.

Good Work Truck
By Sean

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven this truck almost exclusively on gravel and dirt roads in Iraq. This truck has plenty of torque and loads of hp. It has an awesome exhaust note. The Iraqi army is also using these trucks to supplement their HMMWVs. Rear seat could use some more leg room, it's hard to get out of the back.

Front seat comfort. Exhaust note.

Rear seat legroom and ability to get out.

Chevy 3500
By Hauwse

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I cannot say enough about the performance of this truck. Purchased for hauling a 16,00lb 6 horse trailer. I have done 4 2500 mile trips in this truck, basically driving none stop each trip, and never had a single hiccup. Power, braking, etc. are excellent. Pulled through the Rocky Mountains without any drama, basically you forget you are pulling a trailer with this truck. My trailer brakes went out on one trip and it was not an issue with the tow haul mode, and the trucks braking power. The truck pulled a loaded trailer in excess of 85 MPH effortlessly.

Favorite features are the engine, tranny, and tow haul. OnStar is great to have. The phone really comes in handy when you lose normal cell service.

I would improve the exterior styling. Fords appear to have a better finish, and a more consistent ext. style. Turning radius could be better. Navi should be an option. The wheel trim on my truck has begun to rust on the wheel. Better int. storage. Air suspension may help for ST's

Duramax 360hp 650 torque stock
By Rich

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If anything, better than my 2002 2500 hd 4door long bed. Pulls my Montana 5th wheel like a dream, and as a new vehicle not broken in, I got nearly 11mpg between Albany and Syracuse, NY, but down to 9 through the Catskills. Most comfortable seats ever (my other car is a Ford ambulance). It seems to be the quietest diesel out there. OnStar is great and hooks right in with Verizon with the family plan. OnStar safe and sound is great. Love the heated seats, and the dual zone AC is great. It means the wife and I are both comfortable. The DVD keeps the grand kids occupied. Multiple mode sound means I listen to my CD's, the kiddies can use wireless for the movie, and 2 headphones for others.

One piece side for the dually bolts on for those too careless on corners. Four channels for sound, 2 wireless headphones for DVD, I have my CD and there are two othe separate channels by separate control in the back for the radio, XM, or CD. OnStar and computer, heated seats.

Would be nice to have a built in trailer brake control like Ford, but my prodigy is good. More tire options. Wish I could have got the 100K warranty It's hard to improve on the 6 speed Allison tranny, the smoothest ever