2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:
DISAPPOINTED CHEVY OWNER
By MIKE on 05/09/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I am very disappointed with my purchase of the Chevrolet 4X4 crew cab 3500 pickup. I am towing about 8000 lbs on a regular basis and traded a 2004 Toyota Tundra for the Chevy. This truck rides okay when not towing, but hook a 26' trailer to it and the ride is so uncomfortable you have to pull over every hour or so or it will beat you to death. It averages 7-9mpg and seems to top out at 60 mph on slight inclines. The Tundra by far is a better vehicle more leg room and the overall package is 100% better than Chevrolets "best towing truck" It is too bad as I have been a long time Chevrolet owner but this will be the last.

Chevy's Rule
By Lauren on 02/17/05 07:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have put the Banks powerpak and the exaust system on this truck, and it is unbeleivable. The Allison transmission is great and has saved my life many times by stopping my 9 horse rig. Awesome truck!

3500 Silverado Dually
By Fred Thomas on 01/30/05 02:13 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a Silverado 3500 Vortex Diesel 6.6. I find this vehicle to be responsive and a pure pleasure to drive. The interior of this truck fits a person of my stature. My wife enjoys the heated seats, the OnStar feature, the leather interior and the DVD player. My future endeavor with my vehicle will be to see how a 39 foot Montana fifth wheel trailer is pulled. Can't wait. I recently took it out of town about 300 miles pulling through the grapevine, was a dream while leaving the other vehicles in my rear view mirror. Looking forward to taking it to the snow in Nevada. I looked at the rest and this is the best.

I Love My 2000 Chevy Truck
By My 2000 Chevy Truck on 01/26/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We mostly use our truck to pull a 30 foot Cabin cruiser boat. It has proven its self over and over again, pulling a 11,000 pound boat up some very steep,and wet boat ramps. We also pull a 25 foot camper with it. If we hadn't hooked it up and did't see it in the rear view mirror, you would never know it was back there. Our truck has proved to be every thing we had hoped for in a truck. All though a might harder to park than our Blazer, my wife had rather take it shopping.she likes the way it puts her up higher than most vehicles.