Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:

Z-85
By Dale

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

What a truck. The Z-85 is a real looker and all that I expected. 20" wheels, 5.3L, 4sp with posi - what more could ya want ?

Favorite Features

Looks-looks-looks

Suggested Improvements

Interior is real drab

Chevy 3500 with a Recovery Solutions bed
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an '05 3500 this year, and I have nothing bad to say about my truck. I have always been a Ford man, but after hearing about their problem with that 6.0 powerstroke motor, I decided to go with the Duramax, and let me tell you, it is the most fuel efficient, most powerful and responsive diesel I have ever had. I've gone though three different super dutys, and I am over the headaches with the Fords. The Ford may look meaner, but I have high hopes for my new Chevy.

Chevrolet C3500 evaluation
By Bill Riordan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle, equipped with 6.6L Duramax diesel engine and Allison five speed automatic transmission. Have gotten 16 miles per gallon on highway trip, driving at the posted speed limit (70+).

Favorite Features

Duramax Diesel engine, Allison automatic transmission, OnStar, XM satelite radio, heated seats, automatic seat adjustment for up to two drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see the front end sheet metal changed to a more rugged look, such as the new Ford F350. Am assuming that the new 2006-07 model will feature such changes to the front end.

My Review of my 3500 Chevrolet
By Andy Graves

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

My 3500 is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. If I hadn't bought this vehicle then I would be out of a job. When I looked at the price on my truck, I thought I would never find the vehicle I wanted. When I finally found my truck I thought I was going to faint. The salesrepresentative I spoke with was very understanding about my money problems. He gave me a good deal.

Favorite Features

My most favorite feature on the 3500 is the 4-wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

The only two improvements I can think of are the riding & the tire size. The riding is really rough but thats expected out of a truck. The tires could be an inch or two larger.

Chevy's Rule
By Lauren

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have put the Banks powerpak and the exaust system on this truck, and it is unbeleivable. The Allison transmission is great and has saved my life many times by stopping my 9 horse rig. Awesome truck!

Favorite Features

The transmission and the quiet Duramax

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more power stock, but besides that I could not be happier