2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:
A whole lotta truck
By lopinl on 12/23/09 19:10 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

If you looking for a truck that pulls, tows,or just hauling the family this truck is it.My diesel 4x4 extended cab is sweet pulls anything I have asked of it.Tows like there is nothing behind it. The purr of the diesel lets me know I am sitting on nothing but power. This is my 2nd 1 ton chevy won't buy any thing else but.

No bad--but not perfect
By Chris on 01/27/07 12:07 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle for commercial use and it has been pretty good. Problem areas have been the fuel injectors (replaced under warranty), and faulty gauges. After almost 3 years of ownership, the truck still looks good and drives very carlike. I chose a Duramax for it's smoothness over the Ford and Dodge diesels. My truck has the 12,000 GVW package and I have not been able to bottom out the suspension, in spite of my best efforts!

Great truck
By LB on 12/21/05 23:46 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I drive this truck as my primary vehicle. It has plenty of power when towing less then 12000 pounds or so. IFS front suspension is much softer then earlier 3500's. It has a decent ride for a one ton. The 6 speed manual trans. is a lot of fun. First gear is very low and will get even the heaviest trailers rolling. Quiet inside the cab. Radio controls on the steering wheel are very nice to have. 4WD works easily and always locks in fast. Steaeo is nice for a truck. Good fuel economy. About 19 MPG highway (bobtail), and 17 MPG city. You could improve those numbers by staying off the throttle a bit. Brakes are very heavy duty. Worn less then 50% at 86000 miles. Nice truck.

Like A Rock = quiet for deisel
By wirelesstalk on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Powerful roomy and passes the drivethrough test. The cofee person can hear me while the truck is running!!

My Duramax Dually
By eightball on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a 32 ft. fifth wheel which is my home and office. I am extremely happy with the power, convience, ease to drive and mileage I get on this vehicle. It is a little rough to use as a standard mode of transportation when not performing as a tow vehicle as the ride is stiff due to it's stiff suspension etc. The comforts in the cab as far as leather, power seats, Bose sound system, On-star, heated seats etc. makes life a bit easier on long trips. I make long trips for my employment which involve coast to coast travel many times, this vehicle's ability to do that job in relatively good comfort and convience of operation makes me a happy owner.

Great truck
By Bob Itzel on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I did alot of looking to find the right truck. Watched the commercial for the silverado,this truck exceeds all of the expectations I had for it. The truck rides better than my Cadillac, and I can't pulls 6 horses with my Sedan Deville. Chevrolet has out done themselves with this truck. Congrats on a job well done!!! The commercials didn't lie

Awesome
By racer_1 on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Damn nice truck....best on the road

Reliable
By dickies320 on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is reliable and can pull anything. A great buy and a good truck to drive.

Piece of Crap
By chevy guy on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I had this pickup of about a month then it broke down. I had to have it towed and repaired. Found out that the engine was messed up. That's the last time that I buy a chevy!