BIG BLOCK DUALLY
By Craig C. on
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
This has been a great truck. It has plenty of power with the 8.1 motor and the Allision transmission. I am thinking of tradeing it in only to replace it with the same truck but with the Duramax diesel. I wish that the gas motor would do a little better on MPG. I can get around 12 MPG on the high way not towing. If I pull my 10,000 lb. trailer the best it can do is 8.5 MPG. I have talked to owners of the duramax and they can get 20 MPG!!! I like my big block and it has plenty of power but, gas is over $2.00 a gallon now so what can I do? I did not want to spend the extra $6000 for the diesel when I bought my truck.
Favorite Features
This is one nice riding truck. For a 1 ton truck to ride like it does is a dream. The seats are great for those long highway rides. I also think that this is the best looking dually that Chevy has ever offered with its smooth bed sides and raised stance.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement that I could ask for is better gas mileage. I now that I have almost a 500 cuin. motor but,I think that it could do a little better. I have tried a few upgrades but, they did not seem to help. Over all a SUPER truck, buy one you'll love it too!!