Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:

Big power
By Kurt J.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an allaround great truck. I use it for roadside service along with my firefighting duties and let me tell you i run this truck hard. Weather its passing a hemi (LOL) with the 8.1l engine or towing cars and boats with the Allison 5spd, it just dosent get any better. Add a few lil performance mods to the engine and holdon for ride (seems odd to others that i have a dually racing by them) i can tow anything ive been told to with no lag on this truck it always give the same great ride.

Favorite Features

Powerful 8.1l and Allison tranny. Ive been told by alot of people that have ridden in my truck that it's just a big caddy on steroids (in truck form)

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage and get rid of that speed limiter 98 just isnt fast enoff (top speed for this truck is about 135 w/o it) :)

BIG BLOCK DUALLY
By Craig C.

This has been a great truck. It has plenty of power with the 8.1 motor and the Allision transmission. I am thinking of tradeing it in only to replace it with the same truck but with the Duramax diesel. I wish that the gas motor would do a little better on MPG. I can get around 12 MPG on the high way not towing. If I pull my 10,000 lb. trailer the best it can do is 8.5 MPG. I have talked to owners of the duramax and they can get 20 MPG!!! I like my big block and it has plenty of power but, gas is over $2.00 a gallon now so what can I do? I did not want to spend the extra $6000 for the diesel when I bought my truck.

Favorite Features

This is one nice riding truck. For a 1 ton truck to ride like it does is a dream. The seats are great for those long highway rides. I also think that this is the best looking dually that Chevy has ever offered with its smooth bed sides and raised stance.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement that I could ask for is better gas mileage. I now that I have almost a 500 cuin. motor but,I think that it could do a little better. I have tried a few upgrades but, they did not seem to help. Over all a SUPER truck, buy one you'll love it too!!

A lot of truck for the money
By Kyle Rodrigue

Duramax diesel is worth the option price!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements it needs is to redesign the seat belts on the rear seats.