2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:
Big power
By Kurt J. on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an allaround great truck. I use it for roadside service along with my firefighting duties and let me tell you i run this truck hard. Weather its passing a hemi (LOL) with the 8.1l engine or towing cars and boats with the Allison 5spd, it just dosent get any better. Add a few lil performance mods to the engine and holdon for ride (seems odd to others that i have a dually racing by them) i can tow anything ive been told to with no lag on this truck it always give the same great ride.

BIG BLOCK DUALLY
By Craig C. on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This has been a great truck. It has plenty of power with the 8.1 motor and the Allision transmission. I am thinking of tradeing it in only to replace it with the same truck but with the Duramax diesel. I wish that the gas motor would do a little better on MPG. I can get around 12 MPG on the high way not towing. If I pull my 10,000 lb. trailer the best it can do is 8.5 MPG. I have talked to owners of the duramax and they can get 20 MPG!!! I like my big block and it has plenty of power but, gas is over $2.00 a gallon now so what can I do? I did not want to spend the extra $6000 for the diesel when I bought my truck.

A lot of truck for the money
By Kyle Rodrigue on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Duramax diesel is worth the option price!