2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:
Sad to part with old friend
By rick194 on 02/05/11 21:32 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is now time to trade in the Duramax/Chevy. I have not pulled a trailor in the last 18 months so I am getting something smaller (Suburban). I have over 230,000 miles on it, averaged 17 mpg, pulled trailers from TX to 36 states. It brokedown twice. The alternator went out at 200K+ and a wire rubbed in two shorting out the electrical system at 180k+. The injectors were replaced under warranty and that was it, other than routine wear items, brakes, belts, hoses, ball joints. Do not need a truck like this any more but have kept it for 18 months because it is such a good one.

Good truck
By doug on 07/19/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had all three brands of trucks. This one hauls and rides the best. As far as reliability, I have been more than pleased. GM hit the right cue when putting this truck together. Duramax/Allison, best combination. I tow a 44 ft trailer @ 26000lbs and get 10-11.5 mpg. I will be hard pressed to go back to a different brand. Great work GM!

Chevy stuff
By nmn.strabel on 11/07/05 20:17 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

After accepting delivery of my expensive 2002 3500 duramax equipped Chevy truck I was very disappointed to discover that my 1 ton dually truck came with the cheapest steel wheels that are made. After only a few thousand kilometers there were rust spots appearing on them. After going as far as I could with GM Canada and getting nowhere, I ended up sanding and repainting myself. Ford & Dodge do not have this problem. A $50,000 truck with 10 cent wheels. The rest of the truck is pretty good.

Big power
By Kurt J. on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an allaround great truck. I use it for roadside service along with my firefighting duties and let me tell you i run this truck hard. Weather its passing a hemi (LOL) with the 8.1l engine or towing cars and boats with the Allison 5spd, it just dosent get any better. Add a few lil performance mods to the engine and holdon for ride (seems odd to others that i have a dually racing by them) i can tow anything ive been told to with no lag on this truck it always give the same great ride.

BIG BLOCK DUALLY
By Craig C. on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. It has plenty of power with the 8.1 motor and the Allision transmission. I am thinking of tradeing it in only to replace it with the same truck but with the Duramax diesel. I wish that the gas motor would do a little better on MPG. I can get around 12 MPG on the high way not towing. If I pull my 10,000 lb. trailer the best it can do is 8.5 MPG. I have talked to owners of the duramax and they can get 20 MPG!!! I like my big block and it has plenty of power but, gas is over $2.00 a gallon now so what can I do? I did not want to spend the extra $6000 for the diesel when I bought my truck.

Awsome Truck
By Travis Hendew on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I like my truck.

DuraMax
By Ray Gaskill on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I tow a 18,000 lb trailer to all the Nascar events and love this truck. I originally drove Fords, but after looking at the numbers and talking to another DuraMax owner (who also had a Powerstroke and swithed to Chevy), I order the DuraMax and leave Fords and Dodge in the dust!

2002 3500 SILVERADO
By evy on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

What an improvement over my '98. This Duramax engine and Allison trans really make a trailer puller, and so nice to drive.

A lot of truck for the money
By Kyle Rodrigue on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Duramax diesel is worth the option price!

3500 DURAMAX DIESEL dually 4x4
By Nemecek on 03/09/02 13:02 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

after having Dodge diesel for couple years, this new Chevy truck has huge power when used to tow boat or move building materials, but is very friendly inside with a lot of every day features to make anybody happy.