2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Worst buy ever
By Derrick

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned several new vehicles, this is by far worse than any vehicle I've had (new or old). Been back to dealership 4 times in two months, totaling 11 days in shop. I will never buy another GM product or from Apple valley Chevy in martinsburg wv.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Diesel
By Drew

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2015 Chevrolet LTZ Silverado 2500 6.6 Liter diesel from a local dealer in my area. My family has always had the Duramax 6.6 Liter diesel engines and I bought mine for farm use. I knew the retail price would be very large but I traded my half-ton pickup in for the three-quarter ton. My dealer worked very hard on getting the lowest price for me since I have done business with them before this purchase. I am very happy with my purchase price of my pickup and it added more value to my family farm by purchasing another diesel engine pickup.

My expectations far surpassed what I have originally imagined when purchasing this pickup. The amount of horsepower and torque has been rewarding when pulling trailers for our farm. The fuel economy while pulling a trailer long distances have been between 18-19 miles per gallon and without a trailer is between 19-21 miles per gallon. As you can see, there is very little difference in fuel economy and I am completely satisfied because diesel fuel is nearly the same price as gasoline.

The interior in my pickup has the normal LTZ package with touchscreen controls. Though this may be a little distracting while driving, Chevrolet has made is easier to use the touchscreen through the command center screen in the middle of the gauges in front of the steering wheel. The rear seating is very spacious and allows a person in the rear to enjoy more leg room than before. I would also comment on the business filing console because it is very unique and useful for keeping files or papers from being cluttered throughout the vehicle. I have also used the Wi-Fi capability in my pickup numerous times while working in the fields for my computer or iPad.

To sum up my purchase of my pickup, I am very happy with the purchase price, interior design, fuel economy, and engine choice. My vehicle is and will continue to be put to work on the farm and I know for sure that it will always be reliable for me.

towing with Chevy 2500
By kentsw

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Here is my experience with towing my 33ft Travel Trailer (9500 lbs) with this truck. It tows easily at whatever speed you set the cruise at, what I never thought thru was where the torque band is on this truck. It will select whatever gear is needed to pull the load, this sometimes results in driving in third gear up hills at 4200 rpm. It rarely would shift up into 6th gear and would not stay there long even on the slightest uphill. This all resulted in an average MPG of 6.9 on my 1300 mile trip to Florida. Encountering a strong headwind coming home it would still pull no problem at 66 mph but it got 5.8 mpg into the wind. Around town it gets 11.6 MPG driving very easy. disappointed MPG.