Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

My 4th HD GM Truck
By nitro276

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

My toughest decision was the 6.0 Vortec or the 6.6 Duramax. This was really tough for me. I went with the 6.0 because all the emissions junk on the 6.6 today robs it of fuel economy terribly on top of the $7500 upcharge. This is one tough truck, the toughest vs. the 98, 02, and 06 I previously owned. I don't think there is a task I can throw at this truck that it cannot handle. This is my family's SUV. It carries me, my wife, our two kids, and our German Shepherd comfortably anywhere we want to go. More truck than I really need, but my 06 Sierra 2500HD saved my life when I was hit by a drunk driver.

I like the factory bluetooth and the usb port on the stereo. I have almost my entire cd library on a thumb drive that plugs and plays. I also like having multiple locking storage compartments. I also enjoy the factory ride height. With the redesinged, stronger frame for 2011, this truck sits as high as Ford and Dodge HDs.

It would be nice if there was some way to jack the fuel economy on this truck. At best, I get 12 city and 16 highway. As far as I am considered, this the ONLY flaw in the truck.

Chevy 2500HD Great Truck
By Ed

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2011 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ. I have only had the truck for 3 days but it has been a pleasure to drive and I love all the gadgets. Remote start, satellite radio, bluetooth phone, onstar, etc. The seating is very comfortable and the build quality is exceptional so far. I would recommend this truck to anyone that enjoys driving, needs a work truck. My main reason for buying this truck was the Heavy Duty part of the truck, 4WD and the great interior. The Bose Stereo system has incredible sound.

Onstar, XM Radio, Bluetooth Phone, Bose Stereo, Backup Camera for trailering.

Larger buttons for A/C and radios. Some of the buttons are so small. A hard drive system would be great to record music from xm radio and to load music. Would recommend USB port.