Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD
By dvo222

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have over 10,000 miles on my gas truck now. I average around 13 to 14 in town and 18 at 70 mph(I'm 56 years old). I pulled a 5000 lb sailboat from Texas to Georgia at 60 and 65 and got 13 miles per gallon. I purchased the 2500 over the 1500 because of price. Between the factory rebate and the credit union rebate the price came in at $10,000 less than the 1500. Something very noticeable is the difference in the power (and it sounds good). I average 5000 miles a year on the trucks I have owned. So the fuel economy doesn' really concern me. A little stiff ride but it is a 2500 4x4. The interior is very comfortable and well built.

Favorite Features

Remote start, bluetooth, plenty of power, and the heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting up and down during normal non towing usage.

Don't buy this truck without a diesel
By Robert

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Truck constantly hunts for gears while going up a hill. I notified dealer immediately and they told me to let it break in. Notified GM and they said speak to the dealer. Dealer transmission guy plugged truck into computer and took it on a test drive and was able to experience the same issue. GM says that the vehicle is operating as designed! I guess the Toyota's were operating as designed too when the accelerators stuck and killed people! Poor design. GM needs to fix this. Do not buy this truck with a gas engine!

Favorite Features

Blue tooth connection for phone is great. Rear seat fold away configuration is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the programming on the transmission or install a transmission that works properly like the Allison in the diesel models.

2010 Silverado HD
By Rob

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I love the truck just not the mileage. I am looking into buying an Edge Programmer and some K&N induction to try and help it.

Favorite Features

The "MAN" truck feel when driving it!

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy

Victory Red LTZ in Alaska
By AK Victory Red LTZ

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

LTZ with the 6.0L Vortec and 8' box. Great engine; plenty of power. Sounds awesome. I am averaging 15 MPG in mixed driving (mostly highway) 6 speed automatic makes driving and towing easy. capacious cargo box. Very comfortable and plush interior. High quality materials instead of the hard plastics used in previous models. Were it up to her, my wife would be driving it instead of me.

Favorite Features

Engine/transmission, interior quality, stereo sound.

Suggested Improvements

No complaints. Common issues that come with truck ownership (climb-in height, fuel consumption, etc.) are far out-weighed by the great driving experience.

H.D Diesel
By ed t

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have only had this truck for a week and I already love it. After filling up the first time I averaged 17.5 mpg. Thats better than my 5.3 Chevy not to mention the addition of a 4x4. It rides firm but not harsh. The only thing that would make a nice change is a nicer interior similar to dodge. The allison 6 speed electronic transmission... whew, when coming down steep grades the tranny holds speed to give the most secure feel . Going uphill the engine has enough torque to hold max gear and not shift down. So far so good.....

Favorite Features

Handling , ride , looks, power economy

Suggested Improvements

Dress up interior not just black or fake wood. Brushed alum maybe