2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD
By dvo222 on 07/12/12 05:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have over 10,000 miles on my gas truck now. I average around 13 to 14 in town and 18 at 70 mph(I'm 56 years old). I pulled a 5000 lb sailboat from Texas to Georgia at 60 and 65 and got 13 miles per gallon. I purchased the 2500 over the 1500 because of price. Between the factory rebate and the credit union rebate the price came in at $10,000 less than the 1500. Something very noticeable is the difference in the power (and it sounds good). I average 5000 miles a year on the trucks I have owned. So the fuel economy doesn' really concern me. A little stiff ride but it is a 2500 4x4. The interior is very comfortable and well built.

Don't buy this truck without a diesel
By Robert on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Truck constantly hunts for gears while going up a hill. I notified dealer immediately and they told me to let it break in. Notified GM and they said speak to the dealer. Dealer transmission guy plugged truck into computer and took it on a test drive and was able to experience the same issue. GM says that the vehicle is operating as designed! I guess the Toyota's were operating as designed too when the accelerators stuck and killed people! Poor design. GM needs to fix this. Do not buy this truck with a gas engine!

2010 Silverado HD
By Rob on 08/21/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I love the truck just not the mileage. I am looking into buying an Edge Programmer and some K&N induction to try and help it.

It's great
By rick on 06/20/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I get 15.5-15.9 mpg every time I fill up only got 5000 miles on it. It sounds good, unlike everyone else I like the height I plow, good truck, sounds good, looks good, and I get better gas mpg than the 05 f-150 I had. If you drive like a jerk you will get 11 mpg any normal person will get 15 mpg and I expect it to actually increase at 6000-8000 miles once engine is broken into. Don't drive like a jerk.

Too soon, but
By KanTex on 05/12/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Only 100 miles so far but truck performs really well. Ministry work includes pulling trailer next week. Will see how it does to pull. Build quality as far as seen today is outstanding. Ride comfy for a 3/4 ton. Great steering, road feel & seats better than my 06 Dodge. Motor really roars. Decent deal as 2011 models out soon. Prayer is for years of economical service.

6 liter gas
By Gary Nichols on 05/12/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor gas mileage, average 11 mpg, transmission constantly shifting into passing gear to catch up on a very low incline or small head wind

Victory Red LTZ in Alaska
By AK Victory Red LTZ on 05/06/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

LTZ with the 6.0L Vortec and 8' box. Great engine; plenty of power. Sounds awesome. I am averaging 15 MPG in mixed driving (mostly highway) 6 speed automatic makes driving and towing easy. capacious cargo box. Very comfortable and plush interior. High quality materials instead of the hard plastics used in previous models. Were it up to her, my wife would be driving it instead of me.

Runs Great
By sfmreb on 05/04/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It has a lot of power. I got 20 miles to the gal driving at 55 mph (500 mile break in). It is comfortable to drive. I just wish it was not so HIGH. I just needed something to tow my 5th wheel and I think this work truck will do it. The price was right.

H.D Diesel
By ed t on 03/12/10 20:28 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have only had this truck for a week and I already love it. After filling up the first time I averaged 17.5 mpg. Thats better than my 5.3 Chevy not to mention the addition of a 4x4. It rides firm but not harsh. The only thing that would make a nice change is a nicer interior similar to dodge. The allison 6 speed electronic transmission... whew, when coming down steep grades the tranny holds speed to give the most secure feel . Going uphill the engine has enough torque to hold max gear and not shift down. So far so good.....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD in VA is:

$138 per month*