Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD
By dvo222

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have over 10,000 miles on my gas truck now. I average around 13 to 14 in town and 18 at 70 mph(I'm 56 years old). I pulled a 5000 lb sailboat from Texas to Georgia at 60 and 65 and got 13 miles per gallon. I purchased the 2500 over the 1500 because of price. Between the factory rebate and the credit union rebate the price came in at $10,000 less than the 1500. Something very noticeable is the difference in the power (and it sounds good). I average 5000 miles a year on the trucks I have owned. So the fuel economy doesn' really concern me. A little stiff ride but it is a 2500 4x4. The interior is very comfortable and well built.

Favorite Features

Remote start, bluetooth, plenty of power, and the heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting up and down during normal non towing usage.

Don't buy this truck without a diesel
By Robert

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Truck constantly hunts for gears while going up a hill. I notified dealer immediately and they told me to let it break in. Notified GM and they said speak to the dealer. Dealer transmission guy plugged truck into computer and took it on a test drive and was able to experience the same issue. GM says that the vehicle is operating as designed! I guess the Toyota's were operating as designed too when the accelerators stuck and killed people! Poor design. GM needs to fix this. Do not buy this truck with a gas engine!

Favorite Features

Blue tooth connection for phone is great. Rear seat fold away configuration is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the programming on the transmission or install a transmission that works properly like the Allison in the diesel models.

2010 Silverado HD
By Rob

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I love the truck just not the mileage. I am looking into buying an Edge Programmer and some K&N induction to try and help it.

Favorite Features

The "MAN" truck feel when driving it!

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy

It's great
By rick

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I get 15.5-15.9 mpg every time I fill up only got 5000 miles on it. It sounds good, unlike everyone else I like the height I plow, good truck, sounds good, looks good, and I get better gas mpg than the 05 f-150 I had. If you drive like a jerk you will get 11 mpg any normal person will get 15 mpg and I expect it to actually increase at 6000-8000 miles once engine is broken into. Don't drive like a jerk.

Favorite Features

sounds good, mpg,

Suggested Improvements

bedliner would be good for the price that your paying, that's about it though

Too soon, but
By KanTex

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Only 100 miles so far but truck performs really well. Ministry work includes pulling trailer next week. Will see how it does to pull. Build quality as far as seen today is outstanding. Ride comfy for a 3/4 ton. Great steering, road feel & seats better than my 06 Dodge. Motor really roars. Decent deal as 2011 models out soon. Prayer is for years of economical service.

Favorite Features

Interior tolerances good. Strong motor.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of bed liner at this price point is disappointing.