Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Need a few things
By Ken

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Saw a few reviews and my 09 2500HD Z71 Duramax came with the running boards, but a spray in Box Liner would have been great. Had a 01 2500HD with the duramax and loved the truck, had lots of power, hated the problem with the injectors. (3 sets in 200,000 Km) at $5400 a set it really is a ripoff. (why I traded it in was a toss up between a dodge and the Chevy) At least on the 09 injectors are easier to get at on the new Chevy. would have liked more power, the 01 seemed to have more get up and go. The only problem that I have heard from a friend that has a 09 is the air filter sucking in moisture and freezing in cold weather, will wait to see of this one does the same thing.

Favorite Features

Duramax/Allison, ride and look of the truck

Suggested Improvements

include spray in box liner, more storage in the cab, bit more leg room in extended gab back. Bigger tires.

Nice Truck
By Patrick Sowers

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a really good truck. I got a good deal on a 2009 with the GM loyalty program and I am very happy with this truck. It is a work truck extended cab, but it has carpet and cruise control in it. The seats are very nice for a WT. The radio is the CD MP3 version, plus the truck has tilt steering. For the price I paid for a 3/4 ton and what other companies are asking for one, what a deal.

Favorite Features

GM still builds a good overall 3/4 ton truck.

Suggested Improvements

None

3500 duramax
By havingfun

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This a great truck drives never had a problem gets 18 mpg I pull a mud trucks add big machines with it and it does good.

Suggested Improvements

it has a lot of power

Great Heavy Duty
By DJ

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have 4000 miles on the truck, I get 14.4 MPG, haul a 250 gallon water tank in the back and don't even know its there when completely full. The suspension is tight but gives a decent ride. I use the 4WD when going up a steep bumpy dirt road to my cabin in the Black Hills, even with the 250 gallon tank in the back it handles with no problem. The interior has multiple small storage compartments. Even my wife loves the comfort of the interior. Overall I am very pleased with the Truck.

Favorite Features

Great looks, comfortable ride. Power folding side mirrors helps me get the beast into my tight garage. XM radio, with phone service and turn by turn navigation are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Under the seat storage compartments in the rear cab

2500 HD
By J. Robertson

Great truck and value for the money.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the 250909 HD, would be the remote starting kit that it uses.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time