Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
2009 2500 HD Diesel 4x4
By Randy

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Pulling power is awesome and driving it makes you feel young and sporty. Fuel it about 20-22 mpg at 72 mph and around 18 around town with 3:73 gears. I get a lot of compliments on looks and size of the Z71. Paint quality is much better than the ford I traded in.

Favorite Features

Duramax, remote start, climate control, steering wheel controls and size of back seat hauls 3 adults comfortable. Steering is very precise.

Suggested Improvements

Move the door lock button its to easy to lock doors upon exit. Larger fuel tank. Driving lights that come on with headlights. Move fuel filter for easier maintenance

Should have bought one a long time ago
By Lonnie

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This rig was built for towing. Unbelievable. When towing my RV trailer through west/central Texas hill country, the Allison transmission down shifts and keeps my RPM within 200 rpm. It never struggles, maintains excellent fuel economy. When towing my off road jeep on my 16' trailer is effortless. I have even taken my traction control off and spun the tires of asphalt pavement while accelerating. 660 ft/lb torque is strong!

Favorite Features

Comfort of the interior, I drove from Texas to Virginia Beach and back. Nice ride!

Suggested Improvements

Hate the bridgestone tires

My 2500HD Duramax
By Walt

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first pickup I've had in a while and I love it. Great performance. I was a little disappointed in the beginning with my fuel economy but now that I have about 8000 miles on it I am getting about 20- 21 mpg on the highway and about 14-15 mpg in town. When towing I don't even notice my travel trailer behind me anymore. The Allison transmission is great too. My only regret is that I didn't hold out for a leather interior because I expect to keep this truck for a long time.

Favorite Features

Duramax and Allison transmission combination. Towing capacities and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

A standard backup camera would be nice.

Request
By JR

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love GM HATE the independent front I would pay extra for a solid front axle. Tires are not proportionate to the truck.

Favorite Features

reliability, and overall tough truck

Suggested Improvements

Solid front axle, Tire options

Love this truck
By MMiller

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted a tough and comfortable truck which would be my daily driver. I also wanted a truck to do a little plowing in the winter and haul a trailer on weekends during the summer. This truck is perfect for everything I need. Very comfortable, great to drive, looks great and the interior is nice. I have the 6.0 ltr crew cab with the z85 trailering suspension package, skid plate, camper mirrors, and integrated trailer brake. I also got the bluetooth and remote start. I have owned the dodge with the hemi, that truck does not compare. The exhaust is loud for a stock system fyi, but anyone buying a 2500 should appreciate the deep tone.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the remote start, the blue tooth for my phone (which i use everyday) and the xm radio. Also the styling is great. The ride quality cannot be beat.

Suggested Improvements

I think a truck of this price and quality should come with a sprayed in bed liner. I know other companies don't do this, but chevy should add it to the option list. I had the bed looking ten years old in the first month of ownership. This is the only thing I will be adding to the truck.