2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
2009 2500 HD Diesel 4x4
By Randy on 06/13/10 06:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Pulling power is awesome and driving it makes you feel young and sporty. Fuel it about 20-22 mpg at 72 mph and around 18 around town with 3:73 gears. I get a lot of compliments on looks and size of the Z71. Paint quality is much better than the ford I traded in.

Should have bought one a long time ago
By Lonnie on 06/05/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This rig was built for towing. Unbelievable. When towing my RV trailer through west/central Texas hill country, the Allison transmission down shifts and keeps my RPM within 200 rpm. It never struggles, maintains excellent fuel economy. When towing my off road jeep on my 16' trailer is effortless. I have even taken my traction control off and spun the tires of asphalt pavement while accelerating. 660 ft/lb torque is strong!

My 2500HD Duramax
By Walt on 05/13/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first pickup I've had in a while and I love it. Great performance. I was a little disappointed in the beginning with my fuel economy but now that I have about 8000 miles on it I am getting about 20- 21 mpg on the highway and about 14-15 mpg in town. When towing I don't even notice my travel trailer behind me anymore. The Allison transmission is great too. My only regret is that I didn't hold out for a leather interior because I expect to keep this truck for a long time.

Love this truck
By MMiller on 04/04/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted a tough and comfortable truck which would be my daily driver. I also wanted a truck to do a little plowing in the winter and haul a trailer on weekends during the summer. This truck is perfect for everything I need. Very comfortable, great to drive, looks great and the interior is nice. I have the 6.0 ltr crew cab with the z85 trailering suspension package, skid plate, camper mirrors, and integrated trailer brake. I also got the bluetooth and remote start. I have owned the dodge with the hemi, that truck does not compare. The exhaust is loud for a stock system fyi, but anyone buying a 2500 should appreciate the deep tone.

Request
By JR on 02/09/10 10:22 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love GM HATE the independent front I would pay extra for a solid front axle. Tires are not proportionate to the truck.

Finally pulled the trigger!
By bbudman on 12/18/09 12:01 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2009 LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab with the Duramax diesel engine and this thing is great. I love everything about this truck except: As others have said it needs bigger wheels. Fuel mileage not as good as the older Duramax, thanks to Uncle Sam! Nerf Bars should come standard on a $55k vehicle and not an option. Other than that, no complaints. My primary reason for owning it is to pull my 8k lb boat which it should have no problem. The styling inside and out is fantastic. The Bluetooth for my phone, excellent! The audio system sounds great. The seating is comfortable. Finally, I love the remote start on cold mornings! Thanks Chevrolet for building a great truck.

The Beast
By neiz15 on 12/14/09 22:56 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Out of all my trucks that I have owned this has got to be the best built, best handling and most comfortable one yet. Chevy has shined on this one. Their isn't a foreign truck in the world that will compete with this American made machine. Tows like a dream...at times I forget there is a racing trailer behind me. Well done Chevy!

BEEFY DURAMAX!!!!!!!!!
By SNUG MAGNET on 12/09/09 17:41 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I use the truck to pull a 25' camper and you cant even feel it back there. Maybey next year I can pull a new 5th wheel- the real reason for purchase. This truck has amazing power and is a blast to drive.

weak little truck
By Just junk on 04/14/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I pull horse trailers for a living and I have several trucks in my fleet. This year I thought I'd try something new and I made a huge mistake. My Dodge's all handle better than these have more power. Even my 1500 HEMI can pull a bigger trailer than this waste of space. I couldn't believe how slow this truck was going over the coastal range. And when we took it out on the beach I had to get pulled out (by a dodge) I'm never dealing with chevy again.

Four wheeling fun
By wadester on 02/12/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I already own an 03 2500 hd with the 6.0. It has been trouble free for 106,000 miles. Bought an 05 F-250 Powerstroke and had nothing but problems and happy to say I have traded for the 09 2500 Z71. The truck is tight in its handling. My 03 has 4:10 gears and pulls like a mule. I opted for 3:73 rear end on this one for better fuel mileage. The suspension is tight yet not jarring like my f-250 though both are 4x4's. The back seat could be a little roomier as I have two children in car seats, and with front seat at furthest position the car seats are cramped. It is very quiet whether on black top or concrete and the head room is ample for me as I am 6'4".

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew-cab in VA is:

$126 per month*