2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
2009 2500 HD Diesel 4x4
By Randy on 06/13/10 06:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Pulling power is awesome and driving it makes you feel young and sporty. Fuel it about 20-22 mpg at 72 mph and around 18 around town with 3:73 gears. I get a lot of compliments on looks and size of the Z71. Paint quality is much better than the ford I traded in.

Should have bought one a long time ago
By Lonnie on 06/05/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This rig was built for towing. Unbelievable. When towing my RV trailer through west/central Texas hill country, the Allison transmission down shifts and keeps my RPM within 200 rpm. It never struggles, maintains excellent fuel economy. When towing my off road jeep on my 16' trailer is effortless. I have even taken my traction control off and spun the tires of asphalt pavement while accelerating. 660 ft/lb torque is strong!

Need a few things
By Ken on 05/31/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Saw a few reviews and my 09 2500HD Z71 Duramax came with the running boards, but a spray in Box Liner would have been great. Had a 01 2500HD with the duramax and loved the truck, had lots of power, hated the problem with the injectors. (3 sets in 200,000 Km) at $5400 a set it really is a ripoff. (why I traded it in was a toss up between a dodge and the Chevy) At least on the 09 injectors are easier to get at on the new Chevy. would have liked more power, the 01 seemed to have more get up and go. The only problem that I have heard from a friend that has a 09 is the air filter sucking in moisture and freezing in cold weather, will wait to see of this one does the same thing.

My 2500HD Duramax
By Walt on 05/13/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first pickup I've had in a while and I love it. Great performance. I was a little disappointed in the beginning with my fuel economy but now that I have about 8000 miles on it I am getting about 20- 21 mpg on the highway and about 14-15 mpg in town. When towing I don't even notice my travel trailer behind me anymore. The Allison transmission is great too. My only regret is that I didn't hold out for a leather interior because I expect to keep this truck for a long time.

Love this truck
By MMiller on 04/04/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted a tough and comfortable truck which would be my daily driver. I also wanted a truck to do a little plowing in the winter and haul a trailer on weekends during the summer. This truck is perfect for everything I need. Very comfortable, great to drive, looks great and the interior is nice. I have the 6.0 ltr crew cab with the z85 trailering suspension package, skid plate, camper mirrors, and integrated trailer brake. I also got the bluetooth and remote start. I have owned the dodge with the hemi, that truck does not compare. The exhaust is loud for a stock system fyi, but anyone buying a 2500 should appreciate the deep tone.

Request
By JR on 02/09/10 10:22 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love GM HATE the independent front I would pay extra for a solid front axle. Tires are not proportionate to the truck.

Nice Truck
By Patrick Sowers on 02/04/10 06:03 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a really good truck. I got a good deal on a 2009 with the GM loyalty program and I am very happy with this truck. It is a work truck extended cab, but it has carpet and cruise control in it. The seats are very nice for a WT. The radio is the CD MP3 version, plus the truck has tilt steering. For the price I paid for a 3/4 ton and what other companies are asking for one, what a deal.

Finally pulled the trigger!
By bbudman on 12/18/09 12:01 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2009 LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab with the Duramax diesel engine and this thing is great. I love everything about this truck except: As others have said it needs bigger wheels. Fuel mileage not as good as the older Duramax, thanks to Uncle Sam! Nerf Bars should come standard on a $55k vehicle and not an option. Other than that, no complaints. My primary reason for owning it is to pull my 8k lb boat which it should have no problem. The styling inside and out is fantastic. The Bluetooth for my phone, excellent! The audio system sounds great. The seating is comfortable. Finally, I love the remote start on cold mornings! Thanks Chevrolet for building a great truck.

The Beast
By neiz15 on 12/14/09 22:56 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Out of all my trucks that I have owned this has got to be the best built, best handling and most comfortable one yet. Chevy has shined on this one. Their isn't a foreign truck in the world that will compete with this American made machine. Tows like a dream...at times I forget there is a racing trailer behind me. Well done Chevy!

BEEFY DURAMAX!!!!!!!!!
By SNUG MAGNET on 12/09/09 17:41 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I use the truck to pull a 25' camper and you cant even feel it back there. Maybey next year I can pull a new 5th wheel- the real reason for purchase. This truck has amazing power and is a blast to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD in VA is:

$118 per month*