2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Gas is out. Diesel's in!
By Diesel Convert on 08/08/08 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've been studying diesels for a few years now. Wanted one in a 2005 Liberty, wife at the time didn't. Finally bought what I wanted after the divorce. Went from two vehicles to one, so this is a daily driver and the only viable daily driver amongst the big three IMO. I get 14 mpg city A/C on (with lots of idling and sitting at lights), 19.5 highway (70 to 75 mph). Not bad for a vehicle that weighs this much and can tow 15,400 lbs. Can't imagine feeding the old gas big block! Ride is a little rough on bad roads because of the heavy duty nature. I'm researching how to change that (airbags, different springs/shocks). With a load, it's perfect.

Good truck, mileage is not even reasonable
By L2theG on 08/02/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Have an '08 2500HD. It's a good truck but I have already broke down first time I towed my RV (6000 lbs). Fuel mileage is terrible. 13 -15 mpg. When I tow this little RV mileage drops to 8-9 mpg. My father's '05 is twice as good on fuel with a load 15-17 mpg. They really missed the boat with this new emmissions package. Knowing what I know now I would not have bought this truck.

LTZ Z71 Duramax
By CHIEF on 07/11/08 10:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I started off by driving the Dodge and Ford. Wasn't impressed. The second I sat in this thing I could tell this was a different truck. After 5 minutes of driving, I was sold. Everyone complaining about the gas mileage, it's a 3/4 ton truck. What do you expect? Its not a Prius. 15-16 mpgs stock is not bad. A few cheap mods and Im pulling off 20 mpgs and better.

Best Truck Out
By Michael on 05/30/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

My first Chevy was a 3/4 ton Scottsdale bought new in 1979 and sold in 1995 so I keep a good truck. This is a keeper. I tow a 8000lb travel trailer and this think tows it like a tank and I love it.

Love my truck, hate fuel mileage
By chad smith on 05/04/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I love my new diesel. Plenty of power no need for aftermarket chips. Rides great. Looks great. Pulls great, but the fuel mileage is terrible. 13 mpg is the best I get. It has been four months now. I have 15,000 miles on it and cannot get any better mileage. With the price of fuel ($4.15) it hurts when you pull up to the pump

Great Value
By Third Geek on 05/03/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Duramax w/Ali Tranny - very good value. Sticker 44.8k - Paid 35.3k. Very nice ride - itty bitty tires though (16"?) that I'm gonna replace. Fuel economy on new diesels flat out stinks - no reason it should be that low. Love the interior - plenty of room. Well designed for towing and work.

Better then my old Toyota
By Bob on 05/03/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

GM quality is going up while Toyota is going down. This truck is used as a family truck, camper trailer towing and snow plowing my drive. I guess the previous poster did not have his truck set up correctly for snow plowing. You should have ordered the aux. battery and larger alternator. That's what those options are specifically for. I have a HD plow it it works fine.

snowplow problems
By snowplow on 02/13/08 11:19 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Have an on going problem when trying to plow with this truck.It loses amperage so bad I can not pick the plow up until I shut the truck off and wait a bit before restarting.They put on a new voltage regulator,new computer etc.When the mechanic called the GM rep and discussed this with him he said there was nothing wrong.I make a living with my truck and have had 12+ Chevys over the years with no problems,this is ridiculous.I feel I am being pushed aside because they dont know whats wrong yet.

Big Truck Like a Rock
By cujo on 01/03/08 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Solid truck with lots of power. This baby is great and I look good in it. I fly F16's for a living and drive Chevy's when not airborne. The Duramax is unbelievable, tows the trailer like it isnt there. Go buy one.

Worth every penny
By Azmedian on 10/31/07 15:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

08 2500HD 4x4 Z71 Ext. Cab LTZ Black/Black Ive only had the truck a few days but I took a 500 mile trip to the Applilachian Mts. RJ Winter park & took it on some trails it handled better than expected & I never put it in 4-wheel drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.