Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

There's nothing better for me.
By McLovin It!

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a 2003 Chevy 1500 Z71 package. I'm towing a lot more now and I needed something with a little more umph. This truck has it. I thought about the diesel for this truck but I opted for the 6.0 because you never know when the prices are going to sky rocket again.

I love the fact that the trailer brake box is built into the dash. So, no ugly box hanging down to knock your knee on. The second fact is the six speed automatic. I like you can put it into manual mode to shift it like a manual for the steep hills.

A factory dualed off cat-back system with an air intake system to up the ponies a little more.

Best Diesel on the Market
By Brandon

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Silverado for over a year now with no problems to report. The Duramax/Allison is an absolutely amazing combination, leaves the competition in the dust. My only complaint was the small wheels and tires from the factory. Overall, an excellent built truck period.

Duramax Diesel/Allison 6-Speed Automatic Tranny.

At least an 18" wheel/tire combo or even better a 20" option like the 1/2 ton versions.

What a piece of junk
By nick barta

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The interior started rattling after 2500 miles. The chrome on the grill peeled after one winter in Montana. The new exhaust system is a joke. I had this truck in the dealership eight times in the first six months of which two required towing it there. The tranny fails to shift out of 5th gear after busting through heavy snow drifts. Off road traction is terrible this truck won't drive through 3 inches of snow without putting it in 4wd. Fuel economy is decent when it's empty. It gets 14 to 18mpg at 75mph. A light 16ft interstate cargo trailer will bring that down to about 9mpg. My truck is for sale and you couldn't give me another one

love the power! Integrated trailer brakes- why was this not done years ago?

Build a truck! this is a 4wd luxury car with an 8ft bed not a truck. I actually call it my car now it's not worthy of being called a truck.

New believer
By Towing 4 a living

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Got the 6.6 Duramax diesel with the Alison 6 speed. Rated #1 for 08. Tows like a champ, Plenty of power. LT2 package, rear differential locker, Bose speaker package, OnStar, XM radio. I added a spray in bedliner and sliding 5th hitch too. My opinion is that Chevy is far superior to Dodge Cummins 5.9L. Go get one.

The interior has a nice look and feel. Gotta feel good when your in a truck as long as I am.

Small stock tires, size is 245. I upgraded to 285s. Looks good now.

Duramax 4x4
By Toyaholic

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The Duramax is quiet, smooth and powerful. 0-60 times that will make most cars see your tail lights. The interior of the LTZ is all luxury, void of squeaks and rattles on the roughest roads. The Bose 6 disk is very impressive for a factory system using a center placed subwoofer and 6 speakers. Smoother, stronger and better mileage than the 6.0L 2005 2500HD it replaced.

Sunroof, interior (that's what you see the most), smoothness and of course, power!

Bring back the sunvisor slide outs. The sun can sneak between the visor and the mirror. Open the front fenders to allow for a little larger tires. Don't like the "hippo on rollerskates" look. Make the factory LTZ rims polished. The stock LTZ rims are ugly!