2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
There's nothing better for me.
By McLovin It! on 06/10/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a 2003 Chevy 1500 Z71 package. I'm towing a lot more now and I needed something with a little more umph. This truck has it. I thought about the diesel for this truck but I opted for the 6.0 because you never know when the prices are going to sky rocket again.

Best Diesel on the Market
By Brandon on 05/08/09 22:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Silverado for over a year now with no problems to report. The Duramax/Allison is an absolutely amazing combination, leaves the competition in the dust. My only complaint was the small wheels and tires from the factory. Overall, an excellent built truck period.

What a piece of junk
By nick barta on 03/08/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The interior started rattling after 2500 miles. The chrome on the grill peeled after one winter in Montana. The new exhaust system is a joke. I had this truck in the dealership eight times in the first six months of which two required towing it there. The tranny fails to shift out of 5th gear after busting through heavy snow drifts. Off road traction is terrible this truck won't drive through 3 inches of snow without putting it in 4wd. Fuel economy is decent when it's empty. It gets 14 to 18mpg at 75mph. A light 16ft interstate cargo trailer will bring that down to about 9mpg. My truck is for sale and you couldn't give me another one

New believer
By Towing 4 a living on 02/09/09 20:52 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Got the 6.6 Duramax diesel with the Alison 6 speed. Rated #1 for 08. Tows like a champ, Plenty of power. LT2 package, rear differential locker, Bose speaker package, OnStar, XM radio. I added a spray in bedliner and sliding 5th hitch too. My opinion is that Chevy is far superior to Dodge Cummins 5.9L. Go get one.

Duramax 4x4
By Toyaholic on 01/16/09 16:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The Duramax is quiet, smooth and powerful. 0-60 times that will make most cars see your tail lights. The interior of the LTZ is all luxury, void of squeaks and rattles on the roughest roads. The Bose 6 disk is very impressive for a factory system using a center placed subwoofer and 6 speakers. Smoother, stronger and better mileage than the 6.0L 2005 2500HD it replaced.

Best Truck
By JLT on 01/13/09 17:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Got the 6.6 Duramax with the Alison 6 speed, only way to go! Did my Consumer review research and found Chevy diesel rated the best all round of the Big 3 for 08'! Can't even complain about the mileage. Adverage of 18 mpg, 21 mpg at 55-60 crusing the interstate (unloaded). Love how the Alison tranny grabs hold of the engine when the tow mode is turned on and sounds awesome. I got he 17" rims with my truck which I highly recommend.

Excellent Truck
By Army EOD on 01/02/09 08:57 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ok I have had this truck for a week and I love it. I traded in my 07 1500 LS Crew Cab with a 4.8L because it didn't tow my trailer as good as I wanted. After dirving this truck for a week it flat out performs my 07, in every aspect. You can feel the power difference in the 08. Gas mileage has been good for me as well. I averaged 18.3 on the highway last night going 75-80 for 300 miles round trip. I guess with some mods it should get better. Not a fan of the smaller looking tires on this truck. As big as this truck is you would expect tires that fill the wheel wells. Again this is an excellent truck all around Great job GM.

Still a quality truck
By RDD on 12/04/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 6th Duramax (and still have the 5th) and I love the new interior design with Nav and DVD players. Sunroof definitely better too. My only complaint is the new emmissions equipment really chokes this thing and kills mileage; I get 14 in town and 18 highway with some modifications. For those wanting a better ride, try a front leveling kit with longer shocks; it helps tremendously. Also try a cold air intake and bigger exhaust; helped my mileage alot.

Great truck!
By Jaboba on 09/14/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first deisel and I love it! This thing tows my toy hauler trailer like it's not even there. I have had no issues at all and I have 4K miles on it. I get 12- 13mpg towing and 15-16mpg not. My brother has the Dodge and I feel that the motor in the Chevy feels much more refined.

Great Truck
By Joe on 09/05/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have always been a Ford guy, but when shopping for the F250 versus Silverado 2500, I thought the Chevy had a better ride, a nicer interior, a the dealer was very aggressive in terms of pricing. Mileage has been OK so far, well within my expectations. Also, very pleased with the looks of the truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.