2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Junk bed
By straight working on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my duramax 2500 since sept. 2008, I use it for work which it has a 110 gallon fuel tank and a weather guard saddle tool box. In one year of use the bed is pushing out and cracking along the sides at the end of the tool box. I've own two Dodge 2500's and never had the problem, dealer states the problem as having to much weight. I think Chevy needs to build a better bed for the 2500's for guys who use their trucks for work. Also took the truck in three times to have interior tighten up do to rattles. Otherwise truck is not bad for pulling trailers and cruising around, don't put anything on bed rails!!!

Best Diesel on the Market
By Brandon on 05/08/09 22:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Silverado for over a year now with no problems to report. The Duramax/Allison is an absolutely amazing combination, leaves the competition in the dust. My only complaint was the small wheels and tires from the factory. Overall, an excellent built truck period.

Still a quality truck
By RDD on 12/04/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 6th Duramax (and still have the 5th) and I love the new interior design with Nav and DVD players. Sunroof definitely better too. My only complaint is the new emmissions equipment really chokes this thing and kills mileage; I get 14 in town and 18 highway with some modifications. For those wanting a better ride, try a front leveling kit with longer shocks; it helps tremendously. Also try a cold air intake and bigger exhaust; helped my mileage alot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.