Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

SOLD IT AFTER A YEAR. NOT WORTH THE $$$$
By Towing 4 a living

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Was not happy with the following; the interior started rattling, air draft on driver side door which the dealer couldn't fix, terrible fuel economy, recall and RANCHO MTRS. in Victorville has poor customer service. So does the Chevy Hotline. I sold mine. Still got my 5.9 Dodge Ram 2500. DON'T BUY THE NEW CHEVY.

New believer
By Towing 4 a living

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Got the 6.6 Duramax diesel with the Alison 6 speed. Rated #1 for 08. Tows like a champ, Plenty of power. LT2 package, rear differential locker, Bose speaker package, OnStar, XM radio. I added a spray in bedliner and sliding 5th hitch too. My opinion is that Chevy is far superior to Dodge Cummins 5.9L. Go get one.

Favorite Features

The interior has a nice look and feel. Gotta feel good when your in a truck as long as I am.

Suggested Improvements

Small stock tires, size is 245. I upgraded to 285s. Looks good now.

Excellent Truck
By Army EOD

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ok I have had this truck for a week and I love it. I traded in my 07 1500 LS Crew Cab with a 4.8L because it didn't tow my trailer as good as I wanted. After dirving this truck for a week it flat out performs my 07, in every aspect. You can feel the power difference in the 08. Gas mileage has been good for me as well. I averaged 18.3 on the highway last night going 75-80 for 300 miles round trip. I guess with some mods it should get better. Not a fan of the smaller looking tires on this truck. As big as this truck is you would expect tires that fill the wheel wells. Again this is an excellent truck all around Great job GM.

Favorite Features

Power! Interior is not too shabby, have a little better than a 2LT but not as much as an LTZ

Suggested Improvements

Tire size this truck demands bigger tires. Seats hurt my back but I guess I just need to adjust them to me (same as the 07 1500 was). OnStar offers hands free phone for a fee. Why can't I program my phone thru the truck and use the onboard system hands free.

Big Truck Like a Rock
By cujo

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Solid truck with lots of power. This baby is great and I look good in it. I fly F16's for a living and drive Chevy's when not airborne. The Duramax is unbelievable, tows the trailer like it isnt there. Go buy one.

Favorite Features

Big diesel right off the shelf. Don't need no chip.

Suggested Improvements

Make it free? I think the shift lever could be redesigned to not be so bulky.