Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Best truck I ever owned.
By awesometruck

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Low Maintenance. High performance ,good gas mileage. Cannot say enough about the satisfaction of getting a great truck with great support.

I like the remote start so I can cool it down or heat it up before I get in it drive. I also like the bose stereo system and heated seats but most of all the power and options I have when towing my 40' fifth wheel trailer.

The paint needs work. I have found it very difficult to keep the swirls out of the paint if I can get them out at all. Maybe more than one coat of paint at the factory with a tougher paint.

Chevrolet Trucks Rot Fast!!!!!!
By noreasterstyle

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Imperial Chevrolet is horrible!! At least their service department is!! I have a 2008 Chevrolet Duramax 2500HD LTZ...a $55,000 truck when new. It is rusting all over the top of the cab. This truck get's detailed several times a year meaning it is taken care of! It has a 6 year, 100,000 rust / corosion warranty. But the service manager, Bill, decided they wouldn't cover it - no reason, just wouldn't. I called Chevrolet and was told its the dealers choice to cover warranty stuff or not - the company rely's on them! Really! As a compormise they would give me a discount to have the rust cut out and/or sanded out!! What!! It is under warranty!! This dealer is awful - their service department is t

To frustrating to think of any

Cover warranty items - don't stick it to the people that buy your cars and trucks!

Best GM Product to Date
By rseebo

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I was skeptical in getting another GM product as the prior 3 were trash. I had an 05 2500 Diesel that would do nothing but overheat while pulling my toyhauler and the dealer said there were no issues. I pulled this same trailer from Cali to Ga. loaded down with 13k + lbs and the only thing that was bad about it was my tires wore down after 20k miles. This truck pulls like a dream and has no mechanical issues at all!!! 18 - 19 mpg on hwy and 11 mpg while towing with 1 size up on stock tires, could be a little better. If I had to have a complaint it would be that you can't put an 18" wheel with a 285 tire under the front end without shaving the wheel wells.

towing, torque and nothing but power to spare.

Extend the front wheel well a couple of inches.

Junk bed
By straight working

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my duramax 2500 since sept. 2008, I use it for work which it has a 110 gallon fuel tank and a weather guard saddle tool box. In one year of use the bed is pushing out and cracking along the sides at the end of the tool box. I've own two Dodge 2500's and never had the problem, dealer states the problem as having to much weight. I think Chevy needs to build a better bed for the 2500's for guys who use their trucks for work. Also took the truck in three times to have interior tighten up do to rattles. Otherwise truck is not bad for pulling trailers and cruising around, don't put anything on bed rails!!!

Smooth ride, Duramax & Allison, driver controls.

Stronger bed, less rattles in the interior.

Bad Mistake
By Ross

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 2500hd 6.0 L used with 4k miles. It seemed really nice. Was told another dealership owned and went out of business. This pickup is a pile of CRAP, nice interior and exterior, but I buy vehicles for them to work. Horrible fuel mileage 12 max no matter what you are doing! Everything rattles, ride is so rough and loud. My 02 1500 5.3 L had more power and got same mpg pulling as 08 2500hd but way less empty. Not impressed with dealer either, can't even get in to get worked on. What a joke. I am going to buy back my 02 with 100k, 10 times the truck.

Interior design

power, mileage, ride, narrow tires look dumb