Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Why did I buy
By John T

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has been nothing but trouble, after 50,000 miles

Best truck I ever owned.
By awesometruck

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Low Maintenance. High performance ,good gas mileage. Cannot say enough about the satisfaction of getting a great truck with great support.

I like the remote start so I can cool it down or heat it up before I get in it drive. I also like the bose stereo system and heated seats but most of all the power and options I have when towing my 40' fifth wheel trailer.

The paint needs work. I have found it very difficult to keep the swirls out of the paint if I can get them out at all. Maybe more than one coat of paint at the factory with a tougher paint.

Chevrolet Trucks Rot Fast!!!!!!
By noreasterstyle

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Imperial Chevrolet is horrible!! At least their service department is!! I have a 2008 Chevrolet Duramax 2500HD LTZ...a $55,000 truck when new. It is rusting all over the top of the cab. This truck get's detailed several times a year meaning it is taken care of! It has a 6 year, 100,000 rust / corosion warranty. But the service manager, Bill, decided they wouldn't cover it - no reason, just wouldn't. I called Chevrolet and was told its the dealers choice to cover warranty stuff or not - the company rely's on them! Really! As a compormise they would give me a discount to have the rust cut out and/or sanded out!! What!! It is under warranty!! This dealer is awful - their service department is t

To frustrating to think of any

Cover warranty items - don't stick it to the people that buy your cars and trucks!

2008 chevy 2500 hd
By beikegm

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Major disappointment.
Transmission problems since day one, door lock actuators fail repeatedly, overheats when pulling a trailer. Had rims and chrome trim replaced from corrosion, and it's doing it again!
gm wont replace it a second time.
Trying to trade it off but can't find a dealer who will give me anything for it. Learned my lesson after 20 years of being a gm only owner it's time to change.

Best GM Product to Date
By rseebo

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I was skeptical in getting another GM product as the prior 3 were trash.
I had an 05 2500 Diesel that would do nothing but overheat while pulling my toyhauler and the dealer said there were no issues.
I pulled this same trailer from Cali to Ga. loaded down with 13k + lbs and the only thing that was bad about it was my tires wore down after 20k miles.
This truck pulls like a dream and has no mechanical issues at all!!!
18 - 19 mpg on hwy and 11 mpg while towing with 1 size up on stock tires, could be a little better.
If I had to have a complaint it would be that you can't put an 18" wheel with a 285 tire under the front end without shaving the wheel wells.

towing, torque and nothing but power to spare.

Extend the front wheel well a couple of inches.