Best/Worse truck I've ever owned
By Howard on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)
This truck is hard to rate, I have the new body style 2500HD long bed standard cab with the 4x4. When I first bought it, it was amazing to drive. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust and it sounds soooooo good. Then about 3000 miles down the line, things just started falling apart, after the bumper to bumper ended. Fuses and electrical went out on me all the time. The headlamp connectors melted. The gears kept grinding from 3rd to 4th. I had to replace the alternator and pulleys twice. The headlights dim on all models when you hit the brake. Its just falling apart. It's a fast truck and amazing to hear but it's not worth the maintenance. I'm buying an F-150 next week.
Favorite Features
Power, sound from the Magnaflow exhaust, speed (eats a lot of cars on the starting line), 4x4 sits high stock, mean looking truck.
Suggested Improvements
The cab is cramped, the electrical system is the worst, gas mileage, cost to maintain, paint is cheap and so are the parts.