2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
general
By crack007 on 06/08/10 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck to pull a cattle trailer 28' triple axle which it does well. I average 7 to 8 pulling and 10 to 13 local 14 to 16 hwy only. It pulls very well but the seats leave a lot to be wanted had an 05 z71 the seats were so much nicer to look at and more comfortable! I pull a load 6 hrs one way twice a month total weight of 27 to 31 kg. It pulls it well just wish it got better mpg empty. I can accept 7 pulling the dmax only gets 9 and the price diff isn't worth my two 600 mile trips twice a month for 5 yrs that I will own it. However the 6.0 pwr stroke guys do get upset whenever you pass them pulling the same load up a hill. But it is turning 4500 to 5000 rpm to pass them.

Best/Worse truck I've ever owned
By Howard on 03/21/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

This truck is hard to rate, I have the new body style 2500HD long bed standard cab with the 4x4. When I first bought it, it was amazing to drive. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust and it sounds soooooo good. Then about 3000 miles down the line, things just started falling apart, after the bumper to bumper ended. Fuses and electrical went out on me all the time. The headlamp connectors melted. The gears kept grinding from 3rd to 4th. I had to replace the alternator and pulleys twice. The headlights dim on all models when you hit the brake. Its just falling apart. It's a fast truck and amazing to hear but it's not worth the maintenance. I'm buying an F-150 next week.

2500 6,0 4x4
By crackdaddy on 09/06/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Having good luck so far 3.73 gears 6speed auto getting 14.5 average 6 mile drive to work. Pulls good haven't checked pulling mpg yet. Wish the cab had more room behind the seat and seats don't flip fwd far enough. Overall happy with it has 13,000 miles

Best vehicle in 40 years of driving!
By Marcel Hill on 06/15/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I own a rare 2007 Silverado 2500 HD model, of which only 166 were made (and only 10 in my color red). It's registered with GM Vintage Vehicle Services, and I have the appropriate documentation. It's a 9200 lb gvw tank that can pull 12,900 lbs. It's a dream to drive and gets up to 32 mpg highway, although rated at 25 mpg. It's a dream to drive and I can go from Vancouver across B.C. through the mountains with only tapping the brakes 3 times due to automatic grade braking and auto-manual push button shifting. I have it in car shows all the time, yet its still a working truck used for trailering. I'm extremely happy with this awesome vehicle, which gets same fuel economy as my first new Toyota.

Duramax Reg Cab
By knute on 12/04/08 05:53 AM (PST)

Great performance, have to check the mirrors to see if the car hauler is still behind me when I'm towing. Interior seems smaller than my '04 but still comfortable. A little too much bling with the chrome bumpers and the bulges in an attempt to make it look bigger than it really is. Had the front bumper painted black to match the body color. Looks a lot cleaner.

We all make mistakes
By businessownr on 10/08/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

I get poor gas MPG with the 6L VORTEC V8 which should be bore tech because between the crappy shifting in the 6 spd trans always shifting drives me nuts and the 9.5 Miles per Gallon, with only a work box on it. Plus the suspension in can not hole the work box, Max payload is 3800 lbs. and the box alone weights that. Bad choice by me, and listening to the salesperson get rid of an old truck and not paying a little extra for what I really need. Bad part is I would loose over $8,000 dollars to sell it, Plus what it would cost to get a new one! Upgraded suspension cost installed, $3875!

Great Truck
By Marc on 01/05/08 22:55 PM (PST)

I bought my 2007 Silverado because of the new design, and I needed a new truck. The truck is great, runs great, smooth, quiet, and has plenty of power. The only thing I don't like is the gas mileage, I have 2000 miles on my truck so far, and mostly highway driving and I can't get better than 11 mpg. all and all the truck is nice, but the fuel economy is not worth buying a truck like this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.