Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

general
By crack007

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck to pull a cattle trailer 28' triple axle which it does well. I average 7 to 8 pulling and 10 to 13 local 14 to 16 hwy only. It pulls very well but the seats leave a lot to be wanted had an 05 z71 the seats were so much nicer to look at and more comfortable! I pull a load 6 hrs one way twice a month total weight of 27 to 31 kg. It pulls it well just wish it got better mpg empty. I can accept 7 pulling the dmax only gets 9 and the price diff isn't worth my two 600 mile trips twice a month for 5 yrs that I will own it. However the 6.0 pwr stroke guys do get upset whenever you pass them pulling the same load up a hill. But it is turning 4500 to 5000 rpm to pass them.

it dn shifts when pulling up to stop w/ load.

the seats! when manual shift mode shouldn't dn shift till at least 2500 automatically! whats the point of having manual mode..

Best/Worse truck I've ever owned
By Howard

This truck is hard to rate, I have the new body style 2500HD long bed standard cab with the 4x4. When I first bought it, it was amazing to drive. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust and it sounds soooooo good. Then about 3000 miles down the line, things just started falling apart, after the bumper to bumper ended. Fuses and electrical went out on me all the time. The headlamp connectors melted. The gears kept grinding from 3rd to 4th. I had to replace the alternator and pulleys twice. The headlights dim on all models when you hit the brake. Its just falling apart. It's a fast truck and amazing to hear but it's not worth the maintenance. I'm buying an F-150 next week.

Power, sound from the Magnaflow exhaust, speed (eats a lot of cars on the starting line), 4x4 sits high stock, mean looking truck.

The cab is cramped, the electrical system is the worst, gas mileage, cost to maintain, paint is cheap and so are the parts.

2500 6,0 4x4
By crackdaddy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Having good luck so far 3.73 gears 6speed auto getting 14.5 average 6 mile drive to work. Pulls good haven't checked pulling mpg yet. Wish the cab had more room behind the seat and seats don't flip fwd far enough. Overall happy with it has 13,000 miles

Best vehicle in 40 years of driving!
By Marcel Hill

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I own a rare 2007 Silverado 2500 HD model, of which only 166 were made (and only 10 in my color red). It's registered with GM Vintage Vehicle Services, and I have the appropriate documentation. It's a 9200 lb gvw tank that can pull 12,900 lbs. It's a dream to drive and gets up to 32 mpg highway, although rated at 25 mpg. It's a dream to drive and I can go from Vancouver across B.C. through the mountains with only tapping the brakes 3 times due to automatic grade braking and auto-manual push button shifting. I have it in car shows all the time, yet its still a working truck used for trailering. I'm extremely happy with this awesome vehicle, which gets same fuel economy as my first new Toyota.

Comfort, power, good looks, great gas mileage.

I can't think of any!

Duramax Reg Cab
By knute

Great performance, have to check the mirrors to see if the car hauler is still behind me when I'm towing. Interior seems smaller than my '04 but still comfortable. A little too much bling with the chrome bumpers and the bulges in an attempt to make it look bigger than it really is. Had the front bumper painted black to match the body color. Looks a lot cleaner.

Allison tranny and the duramax. Effortless power with great mileage, 18 mpg on average, and when towing 13 to 14 mpg

Forget the syle cue of making everything look bigger than it needs.