Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-2500hd - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Just purchased used and verdict still out...
By prof_turby1

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used unit with 93K miles on it. So far so good but the truck does need a new header stud bolt. Fairly common on vortec's. Gas mileage is 12 on commute and 14 on interstate. The 4.10 gearing plays a part in that but I knew that going in.

Favorite Features

Power, towing capacity, looks, build quality. Seats are exceptionally good.

Suggested Improvements

GM did not put a passenger side grab handle. Plus the step bars are too high and close to the truck. They look great but loose functionality. I am 5'-7" tall. If you are short this truck does not have easy entry.

2007 Silverado 2500 HD
By 66elcamino

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor performance, Everytime brakes applied, transmission shifted into neutral, truck would then rev up and jerk when you accelerated. Drivers side power window made terrible squealing sound as it went up or down. The speed control was disgusting. Couldn't adjust from downhill to uphill fast enough and would kick-out. I've had chevy trucks for 40+ years and lots of good ones, but this one was terrible. Chevy and the dealers didn't seem to care. Considering the cost of these trucks, they should be better

Favorite Features

I loved the exterior body style. The Locking differential worked great. The ride was very good for a 3/4 ton. The extended cab doors open completely back to the bed.

By tmac6

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have now had my '07 duramax 2500HD for two years (see review under by name) Over 30,000 miles later, I am even more impressed with this truck. I have had exactly no major issues.... None! This is not what I had expected since it was an American made truck. This is our car of choice for long trips...it is so comfortable. Gas mileage seems to be getting a little better with diesel engine (around 19 to 21 on long trips, 16 to 18 in town). I would buy this truck all over again.

Favorite Features

comfort, power, ease of towing

Suggested Improvements

need side air bags

Love this truck
By superhobie

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this as a replacement for my 2001 crew cab duramax. I was a little worried about if it would be able to tow my 12000 lb trailer since it has the 6 liter gas engine. As it turned out it has no problem whatever towing it and the 6sp allison tranny is a joy. The mileage could be a little better but since regular gas is alot cheaper here than diesel it works out alright. I especially like the built in trailer braking system instead of having the aftermarket unit hanging under the dash. After 20000 miles I have not had a single problem with this truck . It is as tight and quiet as the day I bought it. I only use it for towing our 35 ft camper. Again love this truck.

Favorite Features

Definitely the Allison 6sp Transmission

Suggested Improvements

More tie downs in the cargo bed.

2500HD LT2 6.0 8 cyl.
By Jerri

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The 2500HD rides so much better than a 1500, especially on long trips and going over the mountains. Pulling a car trailer with a 55 Chevy you don't even know it is back there.

Favorite Features

New grille design and the overall look of the truck. I love the Desert Brown metallic with the cashmere interior. A little different than the standard white, black or red trucks out there.

Suggested Improvements

Second 2500HD I have owned, so I knew it would not be good on gas. If GM could better the gas mileage like they did on the Corvette that would be a great truck! GM are you listening?