2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Just purchased used and verdict still out...
By prof_turby1 on 07/23/14 02:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used unit with 93K miles on it. So far so good but the truck does need a new header stud bolt. Fairly common on vortec's. Gas mileage is 12 on commute and 14 on interstate. The 4.10 gearing plays a part in that but I knew that going in.

2007 Silverado 2500 HD
By 66elcamino on 11/08/11 12:49 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor performance, Everytime brakes applied, transmission shifted into neutral, truck would then rev up and jerk when you accelerated. Drivers side power window made terrible squealing sound as it went up or down. The speed control was disgusting. Couldn't adjust from downhill to uphill fast enough and would kick-out. I've had chevy trucks for 40+ years and lots of good ones, but this one was terrible. Chevy and the dealers didn't seem to care. Considering the cost of these trucks, they should be better

By tmac6 on 05/08/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have now had my '07 duramax 2500HD for two years (see review under by name) Over 30,000 miles later, I am even more impressed with this truck. I have had exactly no major issues.... None! This is not what I had expected since it was an American made truck. This is our car of choice for long trips...it is so comfortable. Gas mileage seems to be getting a little better with diesel engine (around 19 to 21 on long trips, 16 to 18 in town). I would buy this truck all over again.

Love this truck
By superhobie on 04/14/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this as a replacement for my 2001 crew cab duramax. I was a little worried about if it would be able to tow my 12000 lb trailer since it has the 6 liter gas engine. As it turned out it has no problem whatever towing it and the 6sp allison tranny is a joy. The mileage could be a little better but since regular gas is alot cheaper here than diesel it works out alright. I especially like the built in trailer braking system instead of having the aftermarket unit hanging under the dash. After 20000 miles I have not had a single problem with this truck . It is as tight and quiet as the day I bought it. I only use it for towing our 35 ft camper. Again love this truck.

2500HD LT2 6.0 8 cyl.
By Jerri on 09/10/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The 2500HD rides so much better than a 1500, especially on long trips and going over the mountains. Pulling a car trailer with a 55 Chevy you don't even know it is back there.

Beauty and The Beast
By Al Walker on 03/18/08 06:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

For all of its power, heavy duty cargo and towing capacity, and rugged looks, its handling capabilities, ride, and interior make it a dream to drive and ride in. Chevy has done it! No longer the so-so looking truck on the road. Its body style makes this truck attractive to even the died-in-the-wool Dodge or Ford enthusiast such as I was prior to the 2007 Silverado HD truck I now own. I love the suspension, electronic 4- wheel drive shifter on the dash and towing capacity of the Vortec 8 cyl., six speed transmission. This truck does not even flinch a little when it is towing my 10,000 pound horse trailer with equipment and our horses. We live in Wyoming so it tows up and down hills.

Great Truckl
By Scott Campbell on 02/02/08 16:09 PM (PST)

This is a great truck! It has, what seems like, unlimited power, pretty good gas mileage and outstanding creature comforts. The interior of the truck makes long drives easy; I wish I had this truck in college, it would have made the road trips even more exciting.

Truck of the year for a reason
By allchevy on 05/21/07 18:07 PM (PDT)

This is my first diesel and I am absolutely amazed at the quick response in acceleration. I've only put 1600 miles on it but average 15 mpg around town and just over 17 hwy. The interior is absolutely great. Instruments are easy to read and with the steering wheel controls, don't have to look around to do most of the common things done while driving (cruise control, radio station, volume). The dash information center is great, mileage avgerage, distance to go before refill. The added feature of integrated brake control for trailering is fantastic. The 180 degree rear doors are really great when loading goods or people in the back seat. Diesel is very quiet. You can actually talk while driving.

New 2007 Silverado 2500 HD
By BHBCO on 05/05/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great ride. It looks good, runs good,and has the options I wanted. I just would like to get better gas mileage but who wouldn`t? I`m waiting now for more goodies to put on it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.