2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Newly Purchase Chevy Silverado 2500HD
By dvkiel on 11/24/14 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have recently purchased a good used 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, long bed truck with 33,000 original miles on it. I have only had it for about a month now but so far it appears to be everything that I am going to need in a truck. It has the 6.0L Vortec engine in it so it should handle the 23' 5th wheel that we are purchasing as well, pretty easily. The truck runs fine, rides pretty smooth (for a truck) and handles fine. I'm getting about what I would expect a truck of this size to get on mpg, averaging 12.6 on the first 4 tanks of gas. I expect lower once we start pulling the 5th wheel.

Great Rig
By bw626 on 08/20/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a nice rig, it looks good and is very powerful. The interior is roomy and comfortable for long trips. I pulled a 73 Cougar in my trailer with it and got only 6 MPG, but hey, it's a truck, don't expect Prius gas mileage. This is the best truck out there and there is nothing I would change about it, except I wish I got leather in mine.

always in the shop
By Chris on 07/06/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle to tow a travel trailer which it did very well in the beginning. I dont have a lot of room so I'm going to list the parts that have been replaced on my truck at 50,000 miles.Front Locking Hubs,Pressure Relief valve,Rear end,Complete Engine with turbo,Turbo,Front axle, I paid $38000 for this truck and am now over $13000 deep in repairs the warranty would not cover the engine they said I drove through to deep of water and it sucked it into the intake from the bottom,bad investment on my part I guess these 4x4's arent supposed to leave the pavement.

My big beast
By Ginoclock on 06/29/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought new to tow 5th wheel. 6.0 liter gas engine/auto tranny/cloth interior. Getting 14mpg around town (speeds range from 60mph to 30 mph, stop and go) Have not had an unladen trip on the highway yet so I don't know the mileage there but will by the end of July - I'm hoping for 18mpg. Paint is thin and scratches very easily - a big disappointment for me. Interior is dated; exterior is boxy, reliability has been good but I only have 6k on the the beast. Build quality is average. Ride is stiff even at 50psi in the tires. It does have power! Lookout boys, it's gonna unwind!

Great redesign
By so cal moto on 11/20/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We just turn 6,000 miles on our 07 2500HD crew cab with Duramax diesel and we love this truck. We traded in our 04 1500 extended cab for this truck. We looked at the 07 2500 classic trucks, but glad we waited. Vast improvement inside & out, higher bed sides on outside, completely new interior inside, no more cheap plastic pieces. Thicker leather on seats, great new dash with radio that can mix memory between FM, AM & XM for each "FAV" setting. Towing is incredible, beats any gas engine, any size. You can barely tell you are towing, very comfortable, able to tow our trailer up Mammoth upgrade on 395 with cruise control on, passing all the sad little gas engines on the side of the road!

Great power with Duramax diesel
By adamska on 11/15/07 09:26 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just put 6000 miles on our 07 2500HD crew cab with the Duramax diesel. We replaced our 2004 Silverado 1500 for towing our toy hauler, which is 10,000+ lbs when loaded with bikes. It tows with ease, very comfortable even up steep grades. Handeling is good, corners well too. The cabin is also much nicer, leather on seats is thicker than on our 04 truck. Overall interior fit and finish just as nice as any import. The trailering mirrors are great, much bigger than previous and with smaller miror on bottom. I can now actually see cars in blind spots. Overall we are very happy with our upgrade to the 2500 HD with Duramax diesel, just a great truck.

'07 2500 LTZ Dmax 4x4 Std Bd Crew
By tmac6 on 06/04/07 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just got this truck last week. Very comfortable to drive. Power is amazing, particularly off the line. Very quiet. Won't fit in the garage as it is too tall and long. A bit disappointed with the Bose sound system. Nice but certainly not audiophile quality. Nav system very user friendly. In new body style, they changed the passengers dome light from an airliner reading light to a more generic light. Result is that the light cannot be turned away from driver at night resulting in too much glare.

Great Truck
By Cliff on 05/25/07 04:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

After having two Z71 Suburbans, I gave in and purchased a truck that could pull my 30ft. RV and still be driver in the city. This is a great truck, quality is tops. I have almost 4000 miles and have not had any problems. I have also noticed that once the truck warms up, the mileage is not bad for a big gasoline engine. I have averaged 16 on the road and around 13 in town. Considering the size, power etc. this is not bad. The six speed transmission is great for pulling. My RV weighs in at about 7500lbs and you can't even tell it's there. I have driven in North Carolina pulling the trailer in the mountains with no issues. I haven't missed my Suburban.

It really is the truck
By thelegs on 04/24/07 23:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

What an amazing truck. I have had it for a little over a month and put almost 3200 miles on it. New Duramax is incredible. Very little turbo lag. Everything about this truck is the way a truck should be. All the toys and finally a power rear slider integrated trailer brake rear parking assist. Navigation is easy to use and ride is actually improved

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.