Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Newly Purchase Chevy Silverado 2500HD
By dvkiel

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have recently purchased a good used 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, long bed truck with 33,000 original miles on it. I have only had it for about a month now but so far it appears to be everything that I am going to need in a truck. It has the 6.0L Vortec engine in it so it should handle the 23' 5th wheel that we are purchasing as well, pretty easily. The truck runs fine, rides pretty smooth (for a truck) and handles fine. I'm getting about what I would expect a truck of this size to get on mpg, averaging 12.6 on the first 4 tanks of gas. I expect lower once we start pulling the 5th wheel.

Favorite Features

Interior is nice and roomy, seats are comfortable. A carpeted floor board would have been nice, but it is a work truck so hence no carpeted floor.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, but could find some as time goes by.

Great Rig
By bw626

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a nice rig, it looks good and is very powerful. The interior is roomy and comfortable for long trips. I pulled a 73 Cougar in my trailer with it and got only 6 MPG, but hey, it's a truck, don't expect Prius gas mileage. This is the best truck out there and there is nothing I would change about it, except I wish I got leather in mine.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, towing capacity, function, roomy interior, great for trips

Suggested Improvements

nothing really

always in the shop
By Chris

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle to tow a travel trailer which it did very well in the beginning. I dont have a lot of room so I'm going to list the parts that have been replaced on my truck at 50,000 miles.Front Locking Hubs,Pressure Relief valve,Rear end,Complete Engine with turbo,Turbo,Front axle, I paid $38000 for this truck and am now over $13000 deep in repairs the warranty would not cover the engine they said I drove through to deep of water and it sucked it into the intake from the bottom,bad investment on my part I guess these 4x4's arent supposed to leave the pavement.

Favorite Features

xm,onstar,navigation,

Suggested Improvements

quit putting a plastic bottom half on front bumpers or at least attach it with bolts and not plastic clips,also the frame shouldn't sit lower than the bottom of the body

My big beast
By Ginoclock

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought new to tow 5th wheel. 6.0 liter gas engine/auto tranny/cloth interior. Getting 14mpg around town (speeds range from 60mph to 30 mph, stop and go) Have not had an unladen trip on the highway yet so I don't know the mileage there but will by the end of July - I'm hoping for 18mpg. Paint is thin and scratches very easily - a big disappointment for me. Interior is dated; exterior is boxy, reliability has been good but I only have 6k on the the beast. Build quality is average. Ride is stiff even at 50psi in the tires. It does have power! Lookout boys, it's gonna unwind!

Favorite Features

A fan of cloth interior. Gauges easy to see/read. Big interior (crew cab)

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage! Please! or at least offer suggestions on ways to improve mileage other than driving habits (read: bolt on products - air/exhaust etc.)

Great redesign
By so cal moto

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We just turn 6,000 miles on our 07 2500HD crew cab with Duramax diesel and we love this truck. We traded in our 04 1500 extended cab for this truck. We looked at the 07 2500 classic trucks, but glad we waited. Vast improvement inside & out, higher bed sides on outside, completely new interior inside, no more cheap plastic pieces. Thicker leather on seats, great new dash with radio that can mix memory between FM, AM & XM for each "FAV" setting. Towing is incredible, beats any gas engine, any size. You can barely tell you are towing, very comfortable, able to tow our trailer up Mammoth upgrade on 395 with cruise control on, passing all the sad little gas engines on the side of the road!

Favorite Features

Redesigned interior, including black leather. Fit and finish is great, and nice upgrade on materials. Intergrated brake control. Duramax diesel, pulls our toyhauler & bikes (10,000+ lbs) w/ little effort & very quite. Easy flip up back seats w/ flat floor, leaves big interior space. Camping mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Front bumper, would be nicer as all steel than plastic pieces on ends. Turning radius. Stiff ride, but it is a 3/4 ton truck.