Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Best vehicle in 40 years of driving!
By Marcel Hill

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I own a rare 2007 Silverado 2500 HD model, of which only 166 were made (and only 10 in my color red). It's registered with GM Vintage Vehicle Services, and I have the appropriate documentation. It's a 9200 lb gvw tank that can pull 12,900 lbs. It's a dream to drive and gets up to 32 mpg highway, although rated at 25 mpg. It's a dream to drive and I can go from Vancouver across B.C. through the mountains with only tapping the brakes 3 times due to automatic grade braking and auto-manual push button shifting. I have it in car shows all the time, yet its still a working truck used for trailering. I'm extremely happy with this awesome vehicle, which gets same fuel economy as my first new Toyota.

Comfort, power, good looks, great gas mileage.

I can't think of any!

We all make mistakes
By businessownr

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I get poor gas MPG with the 6L VORTEC V8 which should be bore tech because between the crappy shifting in the 6 spd trans always shifting drives me nuts and the 9.5 Miles per Gallon, with only a work box on it. Plus the suspension in can not hole the work box, Max payload is 3800 lbs. and the box alone weights that. Bad choice by me, and listening to the salesperson get rid of an old truck and not paying a little extra for what I really need. Bad part is I would loose over $8,000 dollars to sell it, Plus what it would cost to get a new one! Upgraded suspension cost installed, $3875!

Getting rid of it