2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Newly Purchase Chevy Silverado 2500HD
By dvkiel on 11/24/14 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have recently purchased a good used 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, long bed truck with 33,000 original miles on it. I have only had it for about a month now but so far it appears to be everything that I am going to need in a truck. It has the 6.0L Vortec engine in it so it should handle the 23' 5th wheel that we are purchasing as well, pretty easily. The truck runs fine, rides pretty smooth (for a truck) and handles fine. I'm getting about what I would expect a truck of this size to get on mpg, averaging 12.6 on the first 4 tanks of gas. I expect lower once we start pulling the 5th wheel.

Just purchased used and verdict still out...
By prof_turby1 on 07/23/14 02:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used unit with 93K miles on it. So far so good but the truck does need a new header stud bolt. Fairly common on vortec's. Gas mileage is 12 on commute and 14 on interstate. The 4.10 gearing plays a part in that but I knew that going in.

2007 Silverado 2500 HD
By 66elcamino on 11/08/11 12:49 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor performance, Everytime brakes applied, transmission shifted into neutral, truck would then rev up and jerk when you accelerated. Drivers side power window made terrible squealing sound as it went up or down. The speed control was disgusting. Couldn't adjust from downhill to uphill fast enough and would kick-out. I've had chevy trucks for 40+ years and lots of good ones, but this one was terrible. Chevy and the dealers didn't seem to care. Considering the cost of these trucks, they should be better

Great Rig
By bw626 on 08/20/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a nice rig, it looks good and is very powerful. The interior is roomy and comfortable for long trips. I pulled a 73 Cougar in my trailer with it and got only 6 MPG, but hey, it's a truck, don't expect Prius gas mileage. This is the best truck out there and there is nothing I would change about it, except I wish I got leather in mine.

general
By crack007 on 06/08/10 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck to pull a cattle trailer 28' triple axle which it does well. I average 7 to 8 pulling and 10 to 13 local 14 to 16 hwy only. It pulls very well but the seats leave a lot to be wanted had an 05 z71 the seats were so much nicer to look at and more comfortable! I pull a load 6 hrs one way twice a month total weight of 27 to 31 kg. It pulls it well just wish it got better mpg empty. I can accept 7 pulling the dmax only gets 9 and the price diff isn't worth my two 600 mile trips twice a month for 5 yrs that I will own it. However the 6.0 pwr stroke guys do get upset whenever you pass them pulling the same load up a hill. But it is turning 4500 to 5000 rpm to pass them.

Best/Worse truck I've ever owned
By Howard on 03/21/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

This truck is hard to rate, I have the new body style 2500HD long bed standard cab with the 4x4. When I first bought it, it was amazing to drive. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust and it sounds soooooo good. Then about 3000 miles down the line, things just started falling apart, after the bumper to bumper ended. Fuses and electrical went out on me all the time. The headlamp connectors melted. The gears kept grinding from 3rd to 4th. I had to replace the alternator and pulleys twice. The headlights dim on all models when you hit the brake. Its just falling apart. It's a fast truck and amazing to hear but it's not worth the maintenance. I'm buying an F-150 next week.

2500 6,0 4x4
By crackdaddy on 09/06/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Having good luck so far 3.73 gears 6speed auto getting 14.5 average 6 mile drive to work. Pulls good haven't checked pulling mpg yet. Wish the cab had more room behind the seat and seats don't flip fwd far enough. Overall happy with it has 13,000 miles

always in the shop
By Chris on 07/06/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle to tow a travel trailer which it did very well in the beginning. I dont have a lot of room so I'm going to list the parts that have been replaced on my truck at 50,000 miles.Front Locking Hubs,Pressure Relief valve,Rear end,Complete Engine with turbo,Turbo,Front axle, I paid $38000 for this truck and am now over $13000 deep in repairs the warranty would not cover the engine they said I drove through to deep of water and it sucked it into the intake from the bottom,bad investment on my part I guess these 4x4's arent supposed to leave the pavement.

My big beast
By Ginoclock on 06/29/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought new to tow 5th wheel. 6.0 liter gas engine/auto tranny/cloth interior. Getting 14mpg around town (speeds range from 60mph to 30 mph, stop and go) Have not had an unladen trip on the highway yet so I don't know the mileage there but will by the end of July - I'm hoping for 18mpg. Paint is thin and scratches very easily - a big disappointment for me. Interior is dated; exterior is boxy, reliability has been good but I only have 6k on the the beast. Build quality is average. Ride is stiff even at 50psi in the tires. It does have power! Lookout boys, it's gonna unwind!

Best vehicle in 40 years of driving!
By Marcel Hill on 06/15/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I own a rare 2007 Silverado 2500 HD model, of which only 166 were made (and only 10 in my color red). It's registered with GM Vintage Vehicle Services, and I have the appropriate documentation. It's a 9200 lb gvw tank that can pull 12,900 lbs. It's a dream to drive and gets up to 32 mpg highway, although rated at 25 mpg. It's a dream to drive and I can go from Vancouver across B.C. through the mountains with only tapping the brakes 3 times due to automatic grade braking and auto-manual push button shifting. I have it in car shows all the time, yet its still a working truck used for trailering. I'm extremely happy with this awesome vehicle, which gets same fuel economy as my first new Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.