Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Newly Purchase Chevy Silverado 2500HD
By dvkiel

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have recently purchased a good used 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, long bed truck with 33,000 original miles on it. I have only had it for about a month now but so far it appears to be everything that I am going to need in a truck. It has the 6.0L Vortec engine in it so it should handle the 23' 5th wheel that we are purchasing as well, pretty easily. The truck runs fine, rides pretty smooth (for a truck) and handles fine. I'm getting about what I would expect a truck of this size to get on mpg, averaging 12.6 on the first 4 tanks of gas. I expect lower once we start pulling the 5th wheel.

Interior is nice and roomy, seats are comfortable. A carpeted floor board would have been nice, but it is a work truck so hence no carpeted floor.

Nothing, but could find some as time goes by.

Just purchased used and verdict still out...
By prof_turby1

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used unit with 93K miles on it.
So far so good but the truck does need a new header stud bolt.
Fairly common on vortec's.
Gas mileage is 12 on commute and 14 on interstate.
The 4.10 gearing plays a part in that but I knew that going in.

Power, towing capacity, looks, build quality. Seats are exceptionally good.

GM did not put a passenger side grab handle. Plus the step bars are too high and close to the truck. They look great but loose functionality. I am 5'-7" tall. If you are short this truck does not have easy entry.

2007 Silverado 2500 HD
By 66elcamino

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor performance, Everytime brakes applied, transmission shifted into neutral, truck would then rev up and jerk when you accelerated.
Drivers side power window made terrible squealing sound as it went up or down.
The speed control was disgusting.
Couldn't adjust from downhill to uphill fast enough and would kick-out.
I've had chevy trucks for 40+ years and lots of good ones, but this one was terrible.
Chevy and the dealers didn't seem to care.
Considering the cost of these trucks, they should be better

I loved the exterior body style. The Locking differential worked great. The ride was very good for a 3/4 ton. The extended cab doors open completely back to the bed.

Great Rig
By bw626

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a nice rig, it looks good and is very powerful. The interior is roomy and comfortable for long trips. I pulled a 73 Cougar in my trailer with it and got only 6 MPG, but hey, it's a truck, don't expect Prius gas mileage. This is the best truck out there and there is nothing I would change about it, except I wish I got leather in mine.

Powerful engine, towing capacity, function, roomy interior, great for trips

nothing really

general
By crack007

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck to pull a cattle trailer 28' triple axle which it does well. I average 7 to 8 pulling and 10 to 13 local 14 to 16 hwy only. It pulls very well but the seats leave a lot to be wanted had an 05 z71 the seats were so much nicer to look at and more comfortable! I pull a load 6 hrs one way twice a month total weight of 27 to 31 kg. It pulls it well just wish it got better mpg empty. I can accept 7 pulling the dmax only gets 9 and the price diff isn't worth my two 600 mile trips twice a month for 5 yrs that I will own it. However the 6.0 pwr stroke guys do get upset whenever you pass them pulling the same load up a hill. But it is turning 4500 to 5000 rpm to pass them.

it dn shifts when pulling up to stop w/ load.

the seats! when manual shift mode shouldn't dn shift till at least 2500 automatically! whats the point of having manual mode..